By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Los Angeles Airport

John am Rhein

does anyone know it (well)?

Seems a friend is going to have a 15 hour (!) stopover there on the way further west.

How far is it to the actual city center of Los Angeles and what's the practicality of doing a bit of tourism during the wait?

I've always wanted to go on Safari around South-Central-LA.

does anyone know it (well)?

Seems a friend is going to have a 15 hour (!) stopover there on the way further west.

How far is it to the actual city center of Los Angeles and what's the practicality of doing a bit of tourism during the wait?

I've always wanted to go on Safari around South-Central-LA.

you had to bring safari into this thread too...no rest with you.

best heading for hollywood to be honest, downtown LA has little to offer, and the hipper neighbourhoods like silverlake, echo park or los feliz, you need a car or friends to enjoy; which goes for LA in general,

but for 15 hours it's probably not worth hiring a car.

when is the stopover?

Guest sniffer
you had to bring safari into this thread too...no rest with you.

best heading for hollywood to be honest, downtown LA has little to offer, and the hipper neighbourhoods like silverlake, echo park or los feliz, you need a car or friends to enjoy; which goes for LA in general,

but for 15 hours it's probably not worth hiring a car.

when is the stopover?

Hope it's not at the moment. It is currently 93 degrees F. !

Know LAX all too well. He could do a fair bit in 15 hours. Hollywood is definitely within reach, s*** though it is. As someone above has mentioned - Santa Monica and Venice are very close and probably more worthwhile to visit, that's what I'd recommend.

It's overnight. Arrive something like 6pm, depart the following morning around 9am.

Agree with all the Santa Monica comments, Santa Monica is class. Loads of good places to get drinks/dinner. Might could even stay overnight and then fly out next day.

Hollywood is just okay--

Santa Monica is much more fun, Hollywood is good to check it out once.

Were it me, I'd rent a Mustang Contervible, and drive to Bev Hills, and then onto Santa Monica, if feeling brave a nice drive out the coast to Malibu is also fun.

Bonus sightings of Britney Spears not guaranteed.

If you want to see celebs, just go to a Coffee Bean or Urth Cafe.

Food at the Ivy is s***.

Don't listen to Crazy Horse. He's mental. Hollywood is great. Loads to do. May as well go to Santa Monica though. It's good enough.

Be careful what you advise - because you are likely to be held accountable for it when she arrives in New York ;)

Sounds like the best idea will be to get some hotel in the Santa Monica area, stay there overnight, check out Santa Monica a bit and then head to the airport early the next morning. Make sense?

Definitely a better bet to rent a car.

But unless she is tied to spending some time in LA, why not have her reschedule onto an earlier flight to NY? You can fly Jet Blue from Long Beach or Burbank.

Bars in West Hollywood are great. I've always thought it unfairly gets a bad rap.

But unless she is tied to spending some time in LA, why not have her reschedule onto an earlier flight to NY? You can fly Jet Blue from Long Beach or Burbank.

This one's Frankfurt-Los Angeles-Honolulu - the New York part comes later.

We already checked rebooking the flight - expensive.