By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Freshfields Animal Rescue

Andy @ Allerton

If you live around the Liverpool area (Or even elsewhere I suppose) - then there is a place called Freshfields Animal Rescue centre.

They do a lot of good work and rescue all sorts of animals and birds - we ourselves bought two kittens found in a cardboard box in Tuebrook.

They have been going for ages and things had been going well.

Then about a year ago they got raided by the Police - this was (The Police Claimed) in connection with Animals Rights activists and none of the staff were allowed entry into the premises*. No arrests were made. No evidence was found. Nothing was untoward.

And yet because of this unwarranted action by the Police - Freshfields are now struggling financially because some people appear to be doubtful about the 'Animal Rights' connection (Of which there is none)

They need money to do their work and without charitable donations - they will go out of business (A lot of people have come forward recently and have helped them out - so hopefully they will be OK)

If you believe that people like this helping helpless animals (They have many animals they know they will never get to go to families and look after them regardless) then if you want to make a voluntary contribution - then I'd say it was a very good cause.

I have no connection whatsoever with them (Apart from having bought a couple of kittens there) and it's entirely up to you if you want to look into it.

I haven't published their contact information - if you feel you'd like to contribute - then just google it - or look on www.yell.co.uk.

Cheers

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*I usually respect the police generally - but they were a disgrace in this instance - as I said - we had two little kittens just a few weeks old we were due to collect - and the Police wouldn't allow entry of any of the staff for 2 days. This is 2 days that tiny little kittens, puppies and sick animals couldn't be treated. No food. No Water. A few others went missing (2 dogs). The kittens we got were ill for a few weeks as a result of having no food or water. Whoever ran that raid is a git. Surely they could supervise the staff (Even 1 person) giving all the sickest animals food/water - how hard would that have been? Even worse since they found absolutely nothing.

Edited by Andy @ Allerton