By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Not sure where to put this!

Romario

My Mom works for PLAN in Ireland. (http://www.plan.ie/) It's a children's charity which has branches around the world. She's just come back from working out in Togo where she's been setting up a hostel and day centre for handicapped and underprivileged children.

They do all kinds of work trying to help families and communities become more self sufficient but as always with charities you can always do more.

Anyway they are having a fund-raising ball next month (May 10th ) At this ball there will be a raffle for things like a meal in a 5 star hotel donated by said hotel etc. (lots of other stuff like a weekend away , you get the picture) and then an auction for different goods all being sold at silly prices for a good cause.(probably bidding under the influence of alcohol)

Unlike the charity GOAL who have links to sport and some sport stars Plan does not.

So my question is what would be the best way to go about getting some sort of donation of LFC goods that they could use all for a good cause and not for personal gain. They are quite desperate for decent items which would bring in a reasonable amount so I though I'd ask on here for advice.

If I went directly to the club would I get the cold shoulder ?( They probably get requests like this all the time right?)

Or is there a particular avenue a charity could go down (prove who they are etc. first) before requesting such items like a signed top or something (even of Riise : o )

Any advice would be really appreciated.