By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

HSBC have lost a load of peoples information now.

Buzz

Mrs just said Sky breaking news have said that they have lost 37,000 peoples information on disk, names and birthdates I think. Sent by courrier 4 weeks ago but never arrived.

Surely they should be able to trace it through a courrier? :unsure:

Mrs just said Sky breaking news have said that they have lost 37,000 peoples information on disk, names and birthdates I think. Sent by courrier 4 weeks ago but never arrived.

Surely they should be able to trace it through a courrier? :unsure:

If it's just that info then I don't see what the big deal is.

You could get that info for a hell of a lot more people just on facebook for example!!

If it's just that info then I don't see what the big deal is.

You could get that info for a hell of a lot more people just on facebook for example!!

I agree, but facebook etc is down to the individual, I would expect a bank to be more secure. Legitimate names and dates of birth are a good start for identity theft and that is what the worry over facebook etc was about. This HSBC information also gave clients insurance levels of life assurance connected to their mortgages. I just think that if a courrier was used, and as it was a bank presumably a secure one, surely it should be able to track where abouts it went missing?

I just think that if a courrier was used, and as it was a bank presumably a secure one, surely it should be able to track where abouts it went missing?

You're kidding? I've heard so many stories of couriers posting stuff that needs signing for through the wrong doors and forging a signature themselves that I would never use one for really important stuff.

You're kidding? I've heard so many stories of couriers posting stuff that needs signing for through the wrong doors and forging a signature themselves that I would never use one for really important stuff.

Makes you wonder what you are paying for then, eh?