By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Archers

Jarg Armani

it's on all the time, the old and infirm shouldn't get peak air time. they should be nocturnal in fact.

the shipping forecast on the other hand is boss. sailing by, dogger fisher, german bight, north etsera south etsera, and so on. love it.

it's on all the time, the old and infirm shouldn't get peak air time. they should be nocturnal in fact.

the shipping forecast on the other hand is boss. sailing by, dogger fisher, german bight, north etsera south etsera, and so on. love it.

the shipping forecast is boss, brilliant for falling asleep to.

R4, Comedy at 6.30, then the Archers, Shipping forcasts, plays, book adaptions and even the book at bedtime are all quality. :yes:

The one thing that I really miss and will never be repeated in its success is John Peels Home Truths. :(

R4, Comedy at 6.30, then the Archers, Shipping forcasts, plays, book adaptions and even the book at bedtime are all quality. :yes:

The one thing that I really miss and will never be repeated in its success is John Peels Home Truths. :(

Home truths was just utterly brilliant.

the shipping forecast is boss, brilliant for falling asleep to.

Totally agree.

Trouble is it's on the radio when I drive to work in the morning.

My insurance premiums have gone through the roof.

As opposed to my passengers - they tend to go through the windscreen.

Mobile or Home?. Both are o.k. I think.

Was it my Mobile?. Got a message from T-Mobile yesterday saying that they had charged me for (and/or sent I think) some of my texts twice and they will be crediting me.

The shipping forecast should be compulsory listening for immigrants, the non-sailing scroungers.

Forties, Cromarty, Dogger, 7 increasing 8, occasionally 9, backing.

GOT IT??????????///

the Archgers is ace (making that statement probably validates kahnee's earlier opinion of the Archers' listenership). I've really missed hearing it the last few weeks. When I'm driving back and too on longer journies with work, Radio 4 is eseential listening from 6.00 through to 7.45 - half hour of proper news, the comedy slot, the shiping forecast, the archers, front row (which is a bit t***tish sometimes - just depends on who's on it). :yes:

Viking, South Utsire, North Utsire..... it's poetry I tells ye.

the Archgers is ace (making that statement probably validates kahnee's earlier opinion of the Archers' listenership). I've really missed hearing it the last few weeks. When I'm driving back and too on longer journies with work, Radio 4 is eseential listening from 6.00 through to 7.45 - half hour of proper news, the comedy slot, the shiping forecast, the archers, front row (which is a bit t***tish sometimes - just depends on who's on it). :yes:

Viking, South Utsire, North Utsire..... it's poetry I tells ye.

Here is the shipping forecast issued by the Met Office at 1115 hours on Friday 7th March 2008. The area forecast for the next 24 hours.

NORTH UTSIRE, BORS ETSIRE. Cyclonic 6 in west, filling 924 to 946 by seven fifteen , gales expected later. Fair, occasionally good.

FORTIES, SMIRKING, VETTING, FAIR ISLE CARDIGAN. Southwest sneering 5 or 6, patronising east and west. Too good, with smug patches.

GO FORTH, FISHER, DOCTOR, HUMBUG. South boring west 4 or 5, not retreating soon enough, dull becoming unbearable.

BRYNE. Veering north, south, east and west, rising more slowly in Irish Sea, backing into corner 5 or 6. Becoming poorer later.

THAMES, DOVER, WIGHT, CRAWFORD, BELLAMY. Down south, leering north west for a time. Clearing up in Bors Etsire later. Immoderate becoming even richer.

BERTFRY. West 10 to the dozen, occasional drivel.

SOLE SIOBHAN. West 4 or 5, occasionally sick at first. Filling steadily, expected 9 later. Nothing to do with German Night.

GRUNDY, FASTBUCK, FOCKALL, OH-EDDIES. Southwest 4 or 5, occasional work, decreasing later. Rain then showers then gales. Unfair becoming unfairer.

FALIN, JAZZAR. Southwest 3 or 4, dropping e’s for a time. Becoming high then very low. Clearing out of here later.

IT’S-ROY, HAILEY, FEOBOES. West 4 or 5, interesting for a time, now boring.

SOUTHEAST GLEBELAND. South east 4 by 4. Not poor, silent, saying nothing later.

And that concludes the area forecast at 1122 on 7th March 2008