By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Age old gripe fpr us overseas

downunder

But how bad was the ESPN commentators, they were shockers and hoepfully only come out and do one match a year. Clueless is a word I would use to descrice them. Cant remember their names but 2 English Clowns. But at least we had the whole game, not like V Haifa when we missed 10 mins!!!

we had Peter Brackley over here in the US and he was fine.

A little too passive aggresive for my taste. Reminded me of the girl in the office from Saxondale, its okay to say

Some people said that playerx had a really bad world cup, rather than saying I think playerx had a bad world cup.

It's his get out clause, basically saying it but not saying it.

And he's rather droll.

Guest AnfieldGrass

Watched the ESPN coverage from Aus, at one point the second commentator said "There can only be one champion in the league this season".

True.

Watched the ESPN coverage from Aus, at one point the second commentator said "There can only be one champion in the league this season".

True.

Do you wtach a lot of games in Aus? Usually ESPN pic quality is awful, but I thought it was better yesterday.

A little too passive aggresive for my taste. Reminded me of the girl in the office from Saxondale, its okay to say

Some people said that playerx had a really bad world cup, rather than saying I think playerx had a bad world cup.

It's his get out clause, basically saying it but not saying it.

And he's rather droll.

To be fair he can't really say that unless he's the "analyst" He's supposed to be devoid of bias during his commentary. I think he did a tidy job considering he was alone.

Guest AnfieldGrass

Do you wtach a lot of games in Aus? Usually ESPN pic quality is awful, but I thought it was better yesterday.

I watch every LFC game, usually fox sports which is much better quality. ESPN sounds like commentators are not at the game, which I think is the case. Sound and image quality from ESPN is rubbish, looks like a satellite feed that is recycled 2 or 3 times.

I watch every LFC game, usually fox sports which is much better quality. ESPN sounds like commentators are not at the game, which I think is the case. Sound and image quality from ESPN is rubbish, looks like a satellite feed that is recycled 2 or 3 times.

The sound did come through after about 5 mins yetserday. You are right about the recycling on ESPN.

The signal is PAL (In Europe), goes to NTSC for the US and then goes back to PAL for us in Aus...hence making it poor quality, better than nothing though.

Guest AnfieldGrass

The sound did come through after about 5 mins yetserday. You are right about the recycling on ESPN.

The signal is PAL (In Europe), goes to NTSC for the US and then goes back to PAL for us in Aus...hence making it poor quality, better than nothing though.

Better than a kick in the nuts for sure, but still frustrating to watch. Looks like fox sports is showing the Sheffield UNited game, nice 9.30pm time slot, thankyou very much ;)

I know I am not meant to do this, but hopefully it will get through this once...go to my site www.e-football.com.au and you will see what games are on and where. Ths site wonly went up on Friday, and by the end of the week all the TV games I know about will be posted, tell me (via email, link on teh page) what you think.

Ths site will grow and grow rapidly...keep watching :-)

Cheers

The quality was s**** on my 42 HD plasma yesterday, you could barely see the f***ing names on there backs, and the three lines looked like a thick Line coming down the arms of the players.

If im totally honest though, i dont and shouldnt give a s***. Because good quality or not, i still get to watch the reds :)

The quality was s**** on my 42 HD plasma yesterday, you could barely see the f***ing names on there backs, and the three lines looked like a thick Line coming down the arms of the players.

If im totally honest though, i dont and shouldnt give a s***. Because good quality or not, i still get to watch the reds :)

I only really care when we play teams like Haifa (who are in green), I am colour blind and had trouble at times seeing who was who!!!!

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by the commentators we got this morning....

Tommy Smyth is an IDIOT of the highest order and how he can be ESPN's chief analyst is beyond belief! During the Maccabi Haifa game Luis Garcia made a run just after he came on & the other commentator mentioned how it was disappointing when Spain were knocked out of the World Cup as they were playing such attractive football. Smyth then says how Baraja had such a great tournament.... Baraja!!!! I couldn't believe it! He wasn't even picked in the Spanish squad for the World Cup! So if Tommy Smyth (with a WAYEEEEYYYYYEEE!!!!????!!!! :wacko: ) isn't there I'm generally happy.

That said, I did finally get the point when one of the commentators this morning repeated ad nauseum that Chelsea would win the Premiership.

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by the commentators we got this morning....

Tommy Smyth is an IDIOT of the highest order and how he can be ESPN's chief analyst is beyond belief! During the Maccabi Haifa game Luis Garcia made a run just after he came on & the other commentator mentioned how it was disappointing when Spain were knocked out of the World Cup as they were playing such attractive football. Smyth then says how Baraja had such a great tournament.... Baraja!!!! I couldn't believe it! He wasn't even picked in the Spanish squad for the World Cup! So if Tommy Smyth (with a WAYEEEEYYYYYEEE!!!!????!!!! :wacko: ) isn't there I'm generally happy.

That said, I did finally get the point when one of the commentators this morning repeated ad nauseum that Chelsea would win the Premiership.

I picked that up on the Haifa game as well.

Guest AnfieldGrass

I only really care when we play teams like Haifa (who are in green), I am colour blind and had trouble at times seeing who was who!!!!

Liverpool were the ones who weren't totally s*** and running around like cluelss rentboys. ;)

Re Tommy Smyth, I quite like him actually, once you get to understand what he's sayng that is. Always has good things to say about Liverpool and knocks Chelsea off their perch as and when it is required. A bit opinionated but show me a pundit who ain't. Givce him a chance, he's good for a laugh, I am sure Rafa would say he offers different possibilites.

One of them this morning was Adrian Healey, not the ex-toffee. But you're right about them not being at the game, they sit in a studio in Chicago and watch the match, talk all over it and send the feed back out (PAL-NTSC-PAL). They repeatedly get the names wrong, often of people not even on the pitch, the amount of times Aurelio was called Gerrad this morning was a disgrace...they were on opposite sides of the pitch for fecks sake. They even called Riise Gerrard for one free kick....since when has Stevie been a Ginga!!!!????

And don't even start on Tommy Smyth!!!!!

Thankfully it's only the CL games and FA Cup games that we have to endure their b0ll0x

I believe the other tosspot was called David Roberts...

I loved his justification for Chelsea losing was due to them not really caring about the game while LFC obviously did...

Erm, who had their full strength team out at the start and who didn't?

I can't wait to stuff it up Chelski this season. COME ON YOU RED MEN!!

A swelling river, a rising tide, my heart, my pride my Merseyside.

Guest dannylad

The commentators were gash last night, I thought. It is one thing to constantly talk the chavs up (which is what a lot of them do these days) - it's another to do it while they're playing s****. The co-commentator kept making excuses for them, as if to say 'on another day the chavs would have won' and tried to remove the shine from our performance. That's what gets to me, the other team can never be better - apparently chelsea can only be beaten by themselves, but that 'rule' applies to nobody else. w*****s. When they win, it wasn't the other team at fault - it was chelseas brilliance. I hate that.

That's why I don't mind tommy smith - although he spouts a lot of s*** he generally gives an unslanted point of view (which is often not the case with other commentators when chelsea play).

Edited by dannylad

The commentators were gash last night, I thought. It is one thing to constantly talk the chavs up (which is what a lot of them do these days) - it's another to do it while they're playing s****. The co-commentator kept making excuses for them, as if to say 'on another day the chavs would have won' and tried to remove the shine from our performance. That's what gets to me, the other team can never be better - apparently chelsea can only be beaten by themselves, but that 'rule' applies to nobody else. w*****s. When they win, it wasn't the other team at fault - it was chelseas brilliance. I hate that.

That's why I don't mind tommy smith - although he spouts a lot of s*** he generally gives an unslanted point of view (which is often not the case with other commentators when chelsea play).

couldnt agree more. and tommy i think is biased to us if anything!!!