By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

legal types

StevieC

Some general advice here really.

Before Christmas my car had a service but this didn't sort out the lack of power it was suffering from.

The garage then fitted a new air mass filter- this sorted the problem but caused others- jittery power, smoke from the diesel turbo- so it went back in and they said the turbo was knacked- fair enough, it's done a lot of miles.

That was 3 weeks ago. I called last week on the 8th to ask week to ask what was going on (not too bothered as I've been given a decent company car for the next few months) and was told they were waiting for parts.

This last Friday I got a speeding ticket for the car that's being fixed.

I called and asked the garage 1)what's up with my car 2) why have I got a speeding ticket for it?

The service manager apparently has left the firm so all this secretary could tell me was that if I forward the summons she will sort it out and get back to me about the motor (3 hours ago- no call).

What's my legal position on this? I'm tempted to f*ck their reputation and can definately stop them getting any new certification (vulgar abuse of power) but would like any advice on how to precede from here on in- In truth I think they can get f*cked if they think I'm paying for labour on it now- it f*cking costs to hire a motor out f*ckers.

They should take the ticket

They'll argue that they were "testing a repair" - in which case you want to see NOW the work done and the order/delivery note and the mechanic worksheet for the parts for which they were waiting

Once you have caught them out on that, I suggest you ask them to make good the repair for free, parts and labour or you will contact local paper/press/dealer network(if involved) and uncle Tom Cobley and all

And then when they have done that, contact the press anyway and find a new garage

Edited by Tosh

They should take the ticket

They'll argue that they were "testing a repair" - in which case you want to see NOW the work done and the order/delivery note and the mechanic worksheet for the parts for which they were waiting

Once you have caught them out on that, I suggest you ask them to make good the repair for free, parts and labour or you will contact local paper/press/dealer network(if involved) and uncle Tom Cobley and all

And then when they have done that, contact the press anyway and find a new garage

Just wondering how far I can push the do it for free or you're f*cked thing. Is there a legal basis for that?

I'm deffo not giving them the paperwork- the fuzz can sort that out and whether they were driving insured or not.