By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

FAO Charlie Clown

Knox_Harrington

...I suppose.

Just a quick one - romances/romantic comedies pre-1960 with strong female leads. (Post-1960 if obscure). Not including the obvious. Stuff along the lines of I Know Where I'm Going. You're very big on this Charlie so anything you know of will be very much appreciated. It's the female lead that's most important though.

As for the rest of you b******s, well as you (bar the sensitive Superdjibril) were useless on the Spanish Inquisition I don't expect too much.

...I suppose.

Just a quick one - romances/romantic comedies pre-1960 with strong female leads. (Post-1960 if obscure). Not including the obvious. Stuff along the lines of I Know Where I'm Going. You're very big on this Charlie so anything you know of will be very much appreciated. It's the female lead that's most important though.

As for the rest of you b******s, well as you (bar the sensitive Superdjibril) were useless on the Spanish Inquisition I don't expect too much.

Surpise and fear....and a ruthless devotion to the Pope...

Independent, smart female leads. Hepburnesque but not Hepburn as I've seen most of them.

and my first suggestion was off the mark or close?

You can't take it with you - in fact there are probably a few more with Jean Arthur worth considering.

Close to the mark.

I would hunt around for more Colbert then. Best of the bunch I think, after Hepburn.

Teresa Wright is a bit dopey (ahem) :rolleyes:

Virginia Mayo too blonde I guess.

Joan Fontaine or Olivia?

I guess you have discarded a Matter of LAD.

Myrna Loy maybe?

I have every single one of them on my shelf from a buying spree recently as we speak. Will check the other out.

Bette Davis and Paul Heinlein (Vicktor Laszlo from Casablanca) - bit of a classic.

Also:

It Happened One Night

Bringing Up Baby

Holiday

You Can't Take it With You

The Awful Truth

The Lady Eve

I Was a Male War Bride

Mr. and Mrs. Smith (1941), d. Alfred Hitchcock

Arsenic and Old Lace

Nothing Sacred

Edited by fyds

I would hunt around for more Colbert then. Best of the bunch I think, after Hepburn.

Teresa Wright is a bit dopey (ahem) :rolleyes:

Virginia Mayo too blonde I guess.

Joan Fontaine or Olivia?

I guess you have discarded a Matter of LAD.

Myrna Loy maybe?

I'll check them out. Have A Matter...looking at me but still haven't watched it.

THe day the earth caught fire. Surprisingly strong female character although not essentially the lead but she's a divorcee etc and has many attributes which were not so easily accepted at the time.

Saw that when I was about eight and it scared the s*** out of me. Don't know if I can take it!

Fantastic film that is Knox. I have a copy

Thanks Spike though I'll get the lovefilm people to send me a copy so I can freak out (and I really did freak out) all over again.

What'll happen is they'll send it to me, I'll look at it for a week in its envelope and then send it back.

By the way anyone want a lovefilm invite? It's alright. Loads of good stuff.

Thanks Spike though I'll get the lovefilm people to send me a copy so I can freak out (and I really did freak out) all over again.

What'll happen is they'll send it to me, I'll look at it for a week in its envelope and then send it back.

By the way anyone want a lovefilm invite? It's alright. Loads of good stuff.

aye go on. I'm running out of stuff at the local shop. Shame really as they have loads of indy films on Tartan DVD. On that note Mean Creek is worth a watch.

aye go on. I'm running out of stuff at the local shop. Shame really as they have loads of indy films on Tartan DVD. On that note Mean Creek is worth a watch.

I've been watching the Directors cut of Badlands - great movie if you haven't seen it Knox.

neildotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom

Spike. I'll send you an invite. I've got an address of yours but don't know if it's the right one.

Knox - I have an obscenely large DVD collection covering almost all areas - try me if you want a copy of something and If I have it or can get hold of it, I'll knock one out for you.