By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Kind Woman

£440,000

both of us, as it goes. i can imagine that done as a soul standard. is it emailable? ;)

apparently the carpenters do a cover of 'nowadays clancy can't even sing'. now that's as incongruous a choice as one can imagine. mind you, didn't boney m do covers of 'in a gadda da vida' and the creation's 'painter man'? :wacko:

didn't boney m do covers of 'in a gadda da vida' and the creation's 'painter man'? :wacko:

If anyone has a copy can they let me know. I'd love to hear them. Doubt they'll top Pat Boone's 'In A Metal Mood' album though....

Edited by snookiejane

both of us, as it goes. i can imagine that done as a soul standard. is it emailable? ;)

apparently the carpenters do a cover of 'nowadays clancy can't even sing'. now that's as incongruous a choice as one can imagine. mind you, didn't boney m do covers of 'in a gadda da vida' and the creation's 'painter man'? :wacko:

Didn't Boney M have a hit with 'Painter Man'? I'm sure I knew it as a Boney M song first? Can't imagine them doing "In A Gadda Da Vida" though.

"Kind Woman" is just over 5Mb as an mp3. If you let me have an address that'll take that I'll email it as soon as I get somewhere with a decent enough connection to let me upload it.

is it true that creation records were named after the band of the same name?

Yeah, and Alan had a band called Biff Bang Pow.

I dj'd at a reunion gig by The Creation. They looked just like any bunch of nons-descript blokes in their early fifites but they sounded just like you'd want them to. Awesome. The bowing on "Making Time" was incredible.

Yeah, and Alan had a band called Biff Bang Pow.

I dj'd at a reunion gig by The Creation. They looked just like any bunch of nons-descript blokes in their early fifites but they sounded just like you'd want them to. Awesome. The bowing on "Making Time" was incredible.

iirc, phil collins was a huge champion of the band and had a hand in getting them to reunite