By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Help me fill up my Ipod

IgPig

I am about a 100 songs short of filling up the bugger, and need some suggestions. To give you an idea of the sort of thing i am into here's some of the stuff on it at the moment:-

13th floor elavators, a perfect circle, ac/dc, american music club, arcade fire, beatles, black sabbath, dylan, brad, curtis mayfield, bowie, dinosaur jr, doors, dresden dolls, elbow, the fall, hole, iggy pop, janes addiction, jeff buckley, john frusciante, joni mitchell, kings of leon, led zep, lee dorsey. lemonheads, mark lanegan, marvin gaye, morrissey, neil young, nick cave, nick drake, nirvana, pixies, sam cooke, screaming trees, smiths, tom waits, van morrison, the who.

Help me out because I am starting to take the fact that i can't think what else to put on as a personal insult.

I am about a 100 songs short of filling up the bugger, and need some suggestions. To give you an idea of the sort of thing i am into here's some of the stuff on it at the moment:-

13th floor elavators, a perfect circle, ac/dc, american music club, arcade fire, beatles, black sabbath, dylan, brad, curtis mayfield, bowie, dinosaur jr, doors, dresden dolls, elbow, the fall, hole, iggy pop, janes addiction, jeff buckley, john frusciante, joni mitchell, kings of leon, led zep, lee dorsey. lemonheads, mark lanegan, marvin gaye, morrissey, neil young, nick cave, nick drake, nirvana, pixies, sam cooke, screaming trees, smiths, tom waits, van morrison, the who.

Help me out because I am starting to take the fact that i can't think what else to put on as a personal insult.

hehehe - sounds like you've copied that from my Mp3 player. Have a go at......

wolf parade

animal collective

o.v.wright

decemberists

west coast pop art experimental band

moby grape

constantines

laura nyro

broken social scene

malcolm middleton

adem

apostle of hustle

Well for starters, I don't see any Status Quo in there.

Heartbreaker by Ryan Adams. He's prolific but for me he hasn't bettered this album.

Looking at your list I think you would like Gentlemen by Afghan Whigs and Greg Dulli's (Afghans singer/songwriter) work as Twilight Singers.

Which John Frusciante stutff should I be looking out for?

Edited by muleskinner

Placebo - can't go wrong, really! :cool: They did a Pixies cover too. Which is nice.

Starsailor

The Strokes

Head Automatica

The Bravery

She Wants Revenge

Editors

OK Go

lewis taylor (funky and really great)

pete murray, page france, ray lamontagne, death cab for a cutie, something for kate, trashcan sinatras (just discovered these - all great)

Wilco - if you like ryan adams give this a go.

john martyn(obviously!)

johnny cash (f***ing brilliant - am about to get his boxset)

sufjan stevens, anthony and the johnsons - slightly diff but after a few listens you can understand why they are so highly rated.

soulwax - incredible band

Tom Mcrae - simply stunning, really haunting.

Love 'Forever Changes'

T.Rex 'Electric Warrior'

Simple Minds 'New Gold Dream'

Roxy Music 'Stranded'

The Stones 'Exile On Main St'

BRMC 'Howl'

Some oldies, but goodies.... :D

Black Mountain

Wolf Parade

Broken Social Scene

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Rilo Kiley

The National

Wilco

All good - that Wolf Parade record is a cracker. As is the Black Mountain record which kinda reminds me of early 70's Neil Young, even though I'm not quite sure why.

that tins useless....i need serving suggestions on tins to enable me to fully appreciate whats inside.

A music thread that I haven't thrown Gedge's name into yet? Apologies for the oversight.

If nothing else, put the 10 tracks of The Wedding Present's "Seamonsters" and the 13 of Cinerama's "Torino" on there.

Stuff I'd completely forgotten about, and while looking some of them up on Amazon, came across 7 seconds - another band I'd forgotten all about

Now there's a f***ing great band. Defiantely one of the best 80es hardcore bands. Up there with Minor Threat, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys and Bad Brains. Kevins Seconds is a great frontman. Just heard some of his acoustic solo stuff and ehmmm... What ever you do, stick to 7 Seconds. :D