Sign in to follow this  
The Hitman

Tendulkar hits 35!

Look about Laxman,

Yes his footwork is non-existent and dodgy but as a person who has watched a load of his innings i have a few things to say....

1) there is no better player on the on-side when on song.

2) Yes he is erratic but capable of magic....281 and 167 against Aus....

3) exciting to watch...

not in the league of tendulkar and lara though...

tendulkar is a class above, technique as good as gavaskars and more aggressive to boot...

Dravid is heaps and heaps better than Kallis...

1)He has better technique

2)So much better than Kallis against quality spin (in fact might be better than tendulkar now).

3)He is an all wicket player....

Posts merged:

Not even gonna dignify the "Kallis better than Sachin" statement

Best technican I've ever seen, Sachin, not just the undoubted ability that he has, but his extreme hunger for runs and success, something you can say BC Lara lacked during the middle part of his career

His technique, when on song, is flawless, every shot he plays is perfection, even his footwork to spinners. Will never forget his duels with Shane Warne, when he more often than not come up on top

1110030[/snapback]

:applause:

Btw Sehwag is a cracker, devastating on song, can demolish attacks like no other, unfortunately his footwork needs a bit of work.

Kallis's record is questionable

He's scored half his tons against Zimbabwe and Worst Indies, he always murders the Windies, coz they're so s***.

His record against all nations bar 3 is superb, and the 3 he doesn't do so well against are:

Australia, a pathetic average of 34  with only one ton

Pakistan, 38 and a ton

Sri Lanka, 33 and no tons

If you're gonna proclaim to be the best, then he's gotta do a lot more than 34 against the best team in the world, instead of being a flat track bully and smash the hapless Windies.

In contrast, Sachin's record against all countries:

Aus, average of 53 with 7 tons, including that double ton in Sydney

England, 6 tons at 76

Kiwis, 48 with 3 tons

Pakistan, 42 with 2 tons

South Africa, 37 with 3 tons

Sri Lanka, 76 with 6 tons

Windies, 57 with 3 tons

3 tons against the Zimmers and a ton against the Bangers with average in the 160s

All around record is superb, apart from a glaringly ordinary record against South Africa.

You can prove anything with stats, you can even twist them in a way to prove that Gavin Robertson's a good bowler. The fact is, I don't need stats to know that Kallis is not fit to lace Sachin's boots.

1110204[/snapback]

what a load of b******s.. Kallis is one the best batsmen in the world and a more useful cricketer than Tendulkar.. Kallis is great allrounder.. Tendulkar bottles it when its not going Indias way and he struggles against serious pace.. India will be coming to Pakistan in a few months time and Im confident Tendulkar will fail against the pace..Indias best batsmen by a mile is Dravid..

as for Laxman Im just going laugh at the suggestion..

The top ten batsmen officially are;

Rank Player Team Rating

1  Jacques Kallis  SA  894 

2  Brian Lara  WI  874 

3  Inzamam-ul-Haq  PAK  870 

3  Ricky Ponting  AUS  870 

5  Rahul Dravid  IND  848 

6  Matthew Hayden  AUS  843 

7  Virender Sehwag  IND  835 

8  Marcus Trescothick  ENG  768 

9  Mohammad Yousuf  PAK  736 

10  Sachin Tendulkar  IND  730 

sauce

what a load of b******s.. Kallis is one the best batsmen in the world and a more useful cricketer than Tendulkar.. Kallis is great allrounder.. Tendulkar bottles it when its not going Indias way and he struggles against serious pace.. India will be coming to Pakistan in a few months time and Im confident Tendulkar will fail against the pace..Indias best batsmen by a mile is Dravid..

as for Laxman Im just going laugh at the suggestion..

The top ten batsmen officially are;

1110586[/snapback]

Like when we won the last test series in Pakistan?...

Tendulkar might or might not fail but Pakistan will lose again....

Edited by lfcbaja

1110589[/snapback]

tendulkar bottles it against pace, I have never ever seen him smash shoaib all the shop :unsure:

1110589[/snapback]

lets see the series in India in 99.. 1st test India lost by 15-20 runs because of Tendulkar bottling it.. we lost the second and hammered India in the 3rd.. Tendulkar was abysmal against pace.. last series against India in India was 1-1 draw and we murdered India in the ODIs.. Im so looking forward to beating India home.. India is a decent side but this young Pakistan side is emerging and will look to make a statement against India..

I predict India will not win even one test match in Pakistan.. our weakness the past was infighting but now this is a united Pakistan team under Woolmer.. We just hammered the supposedly second best team in the world and had it not been for the 60-70 overs lost it would have been a whitewash..

tendulkar bottles it against pace, I have never ever seen him smash shoaib all the shop :unsure:

1110631[/snapback]

ive seen it once.. apart from that tendulkar has really struggle against express pace and I bet you that his record would be pretty poor against Pakistan in ODIs .. Ive seen him fail so many times and since India relies so heavily on him theyve lost too many games to remember against.. his average against us in ODIs i bet would be somewhere between 35 and 37.

ive seen it once.. apart from that tendulkar has really struggle against express pace and I bet you that his record would be pretty poor against Pakistan in ODIs .. Ive seen him fail so many times and since India relies so heavily on him theyve lost too many games to remember against.. his average against us in ODIs i bet would be somewhere between 35 and 37.

1110691[/snapback]

are you sure the fact they have a good batting line up and need to get the impetus in the innings, he has done it to brett lee also.

Its not just shoaib that can bowl fast you know?

An average of 53 against Australia,with the best pace attack in the world for the past decade and more,suggests that perhaps he's not as weak against pace as you'd suggest.

How many bowlers in the world have this "express pace"?

Lee,Shoaib,Shane Bond?

Some very good points made in all of this but how the hell nobody has yet mentioned the one they call 'Warrior' is beyond me

lets see the series in India in 99.. 1st test India lost by 15-20 runs because of Tendulkar bottling it.. we lost the second and hammered India in the 3rd.. Tendulkar was abysmal against pace..  last series against India in India was 1-1 draw and we murdered India in the ODIs.. Im so looking forward to beating India home.. India is a decent side but this young Pakistan side is emerging and will look to make a statement against India..

I predict India will not win even one test match in Pakistan.. our weakness the past was infighting but now this is a united Pakistan team under Woolmer.. We just hammered the supposedly second best team in the world and had it not been for the 60-70 overs lost it would have been a whitewash..

1110663[/snapback]

the third test in eden gardens wasnt part of the series but part of the asian test championships....know your cricket sonny!

that was then, last time in pakistan, sehwag clobbered them all over the park....we thrashed pakistan....

Posts merged:

1110691[/snapback]

I really dont think india relies on him that much anymore to be honest, of course he is still our best batsman.

Some very good points made in all of this but how the hell nobody has yet mentioned the one they call 'Warrior' is beyond me

1110724[/snapback]

Warrior is very suspect against express pace,he bottles it when up against it.

the third test in eden gardens wasnt part of the series but part of the asian test championships....know your cricket sonny!

that was then, last time in pakistan, sehwag clobbered them all over the park....we thrashed pakistan....

Posts merged:

I really dont think india relies on him that much anymore to be honest, of course he is still our best batsman.

1110738[/snapback]

In 99 we played 3 tests in india and won 2 and lost 1.. the most recent series against India was in India where we drew 1-1 without frontline fast bowler and won the last 4 ODIs convincingly.. before that as well we had some obscene record against india in ODIs 5 in a row or was it 8..

Posts merged:

Warrior is very suspect against express pace,he bottles it when up against it.

1110748[/snapback]

who is this Warrior?

In 99 we played 3 tests in india and won 2 and lost 1.. the most recent series against India was in India where we drew 1-1 without frontline fast bowler and won the last 4 ODIs convincingly.. before that as well we had some obscene record against india in ODIs 5 in a row or was it 8..

Posts merged:

who is this Warrior?

1110754[/snapback]

Can't count one-dayers in a row man, we had a few in row against you in the past....right now i just think it'll be a good contest (we will walk all over you).

Can't count one-dayers in a row man, we had a few in row against you in the past....right now i just think it'll be a good contest (we will walk all over you).

1110774[/snapback]

you mean like you guys were supposed to at home :D ..

keep dreaming mate.. Indias record against Pakistan is aweful..end off..

1110631[/snapback]

Absolute rubbish, in the World Cup he smacked that 90 odd where he bloody smacked Ahktar all around the park, including a majestic cut for six

And take no notice of madaboutlfc's rubbish talk about Sachin, the bloke's a Pakistani, so you'd imagine he ain't gonna give much credit to Indians.

Absolute rubbish, in the World Cup he smacked that 90 odd where he bloody smacked Ahktar all around the park, including a majestic cut for six

And take no notice of madaboutlfc's rubbish talk about Sachin, the bloke's a Pakistani, so you'd imagine he ain't gonna give much credit to Indians.

1111155[/snapback]

I know but very rabidly anti-indian, talks like that anyway.....by the looks of it. Pakistan is a good team but Akthar is a erratic bowler and is as likely to get smashed as he is to get wickets....

1111155[/snapback]

one swallow doesnt make a summer.. Tendulkars failed against Pakistan and his record testifies to that fact.. Im not anti-indian in any way.. i went to India last march and enjoyed the hospitality.. As I said Indias best batsman is Dravid. Tendulkar cant hack it against top notch pace and statistics would back that up.. Akhtar would concede runs because he is a strike bowler and edges of his bowling go for boundaries but you cant argue with the record.. wickets at 23-24 a piece and a strike rate of just over 40 balls.. there arent many bowlers in world cricket who have that record..

Tendulkar cant hack it against top notch pace and statistics would back that up..

1111495[/snapback]

Yeah, I guess making a ton at the WACA as a teenager for an Indian batsman must mean he can't handle top notch pace and bounce...

During the 90s, anyone can be excused for failing against Wasim and Waqar

Yeah, I guess making a ton at the WACA as a teenager for an Indian batsman must mean he can't handle top notch pace and bounce...

1111817[/snapback]

Aye,the cheats.... :P

How has Tendulkar failed against Pakistan? He averages about 43, which is over 10 under his career average but still pretty healthy. It's 53 against Australia and he's had some battles with McGrath in the past. Uptill 2000 (when Walsh and Ambrose were still about) he also averaged about 56 in the Windies.

One point I will agree on is his ODI record against Pakistan which is only mid 30s.

How has Tendulkar failed against Pakistan? He averages about 43, which is over 10 under his career average but still pretty healthy. It's 53 against Australia and he's had some battles with McGrath in the past. Uptill 2000 (when Walsh and Ambrose were still about) he also averaged about 56 in the Windies.

One point I will agree on is his ODI record against Pakistan which is only mid 30s.

1111866[/snapback]

Test cricket is always the standard for a batsman to be judged upon,for me.That's the true form of cricket,ODI will always come in second,in my opinion.

Test cricket is always the standard for a batsman to be judged upon,for me.That's the true form of cricket,ODI will always come in second,in my opinion.

1111869[/snapback]

Pakistan and India have not played many test matches.. most of Tendulkars dismissals in ODIs against Pakistan have been him being late on his shots because of the pace.. Hes a great batsmen who I would love to have in my team but if it was the choice between him or Dravid Ill take Dravid every day.. Ambrose and Walsh did not have express pace however great bowlers they were.. the last great West Indian express paceman was Bishop and his career got cut short due to injury..

Posts merged:

1111817[/snapback]

Tendulkar batted up the order and struggle with the pace of the ball.. If his dismissals against Pakistan was put on a dvd you would see his dismissals were more to do with him being late playing his shots.. btw Lara rarely failed.. if Laras was a pro in the Steve Waugh mould and had teammates who had some talent he would be averaging over 65..

Lara rarely failed? Oh, you mean in the mid 90s where even he himself admitted that he lost his hunger for the game and had a couple of stinker years?

And stuff Tendulkar's dismissals against Pakistan, I couldn't careless. To say Tendulkar struggles against pace is like saying Warnie can't bowl on flat roads. Absolute bulls***

And anyone who wouldn't take Tendulkar over anyone bar Lara in the world over the past 15 years either are blind or mustn't have watched much of him bat back in his days. Which one would it be?