By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

PC security

cymrococh

Anyone else had issues with this since the latest update? Constant notifications that make it more intrusive than ads themselves.

It also seems like there's something weird going on with this and Steam, Ad-aware notifications look like they've got the Steam logo and I keep getting emails saying that someone is trying to access my Steam account.

i read something a while back about the makers of ad-aware getting bought by some disreputable company mate. some dodgy company that was involved in mal-ware etc. i've not used it for quite a while so don't know what the connection with steam might be.

Probably best to uninstall Ad-Aware and put on something like Malwarebytes instead. They have indeed been bought out by someone who could be categorised as "dodgy".

hasn't steam started charging now or something? could be related to that if so.

No. Don't really know where you've picked that up from.

i don't use it mate, just something i thought i had read in passing. happy to be corrected.

Steam will always be a free service to the end-user, much like the Apple's AppStore or Google's PlayStore. It's just a delivery service for bits and bytes.

Maybe you were reading something about the SteamBox hardware Valve are planning?

Probably best to uninstall Ad-Aware and put on something like Malwarebytes instead. They have indeed been bought out by someone who could be categorised as "dodgy".

No. Don't really know where you've picked that up from.

Seconded on the Malwarebytes - highly recommend, also be aware if you do have malware on your machine it can in some cases prevent it installing. If that does happen change the name of the malwarebytes.exe to something else.