By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

New Football Manager game

cymrococh

Interestingly has a Classic Mode, which is apparently similar to good old Championship Manager.

As someone who tried the latest FM and gave up because it did my head in, going back to a version of CM 01/02 with an updated database, this development interests me greatly.

Interestingly has a Classic Mode, which is apparently similar to good old Championship Manager.

As someone who tried the latest FM and gave up because it did my head in, going back to a version of CM 01/02 with an updated database, this development interests me greatly.

You can have that already. Also, Sensible World Of Soccer for the PC with modern squads is free

Back in the 00/01 or 01/02 game days, i went a season conceding only 4 goals at Anfield playing three at the back

And i can never remember his name but there was a Polish defensive midfielder who was f***ing brilliant in the anchor / holding role.

Zidane, Aimar, Palermo. Took this piss.

Edited by Earl Hafler

Ah

Haven't tried it though. Last FM i downloaded was terrible so i'm a bit wary of it now.. Every game like playing against Sunderland with Macho in goal.

It's alright, whoever created the database obviously doesn't like us - I found a 32 year old bosman signing from the Greek league that was better than Carroll

However, with Suarez playing the AMC in Hard_Tackling_WW2 we still trounce all comers.

I've just kicked an FM habit so wary....although I started as Woking in that game and ended up at Juve, but won't be happy 'till LFC comes along...

Know what would be great - an FM with loads of the old really good players in it - Dalglish, Rush, Souey etc

Maybe from one era or maybe spanning a few, chuck Best in there & the likes

I've just kicked an FM habit so wary....although I started as Woking in that game and ended up at Juve, but won't be happy 'till LFC comes along...

Know what would be great - an FM with loads of the old really good players in it - Dalglish, Rush, Souey etc

Maybe from one era or maybe spanning a few, chuck Best in there & the likes

Would be good to have the rules and the muddy pitches from back then as well.

Simulate how well Barca would do if you could send someone like Billy Bremner on to chop down Messi without giving away as much as a free kick.

It's alright, whoever created the database obviously doesn't like us - I found a 32 year old bosman signing from the Greek league that was better than Carroll

That's the problem with these games - play against Arsenal and every player is quicker than yours. Sign one of them and their playing in porridge.

What's the story with that formation then ?

Haven't played one since Graham Taylor's for the Amiga in about '91 or '92. I only got rid of the long-dead computer and disks (LFC in season 2034, LFC with unlimited money and Crewe with £5m) this past summer having realised i was never going to finish them off. Martin Ling was my star player - i was gutted & confused when he retired in real life as he'd been a youth trainee under me.

Anyway, i'm getting this to a) get back in the game and b) there's feck all on the telly.

Did anyone ever have Ultimate Soccer Manager on the Amiga? I think it was in the pre championship Manager Days. It offered a very detailed level of management where you had full control of club finances, could over see stadium expansion and offer the opposition bungs.

Did anyone ever have Ultimate Soccer Manager on the Amiga? I think it was in the pre championship Manager Days. It offered a very detailed level of management where you had full control of club finances, could over see stadium expansion and offer the opposition bungs.

Does FM not offer the option of expanding the ground and stuff like that?

Ah the old CM brings back some happy memories, had a few 48 hour sessions on it when I was in Uni with the lads! Recently started playing Football Manager on the iPad - got Wrexham from the blue square to the prem and have just won the title and CL for the first time! Beat Man Utd in the CL final 1-0 that was great!

97/98 version for me i think. marc emmers on a free, ibrahima bakayoko from montpellier for 9m, tommy svindal-larsen at left mid. loved that version of it.

That's available for free, too. Run it through Dosbox.

oh i have done. played as barcelona with bakayoko, rivaldo and sonny anderson in attack. luis enrique scoring 20 a season from right wingback. ex-fulham stalwart martin djetou in defensive mid with guardiola. ridiculous.

oh i have done. played as barcelona with bakayoko, rivaldo and sonny anderson in attack. luis enrique scoring 20 a season from right wingback. ex-fulham stalwart martin djetou in defensive mid with guardiola. ridiculous.

f***in' hell I remember Djetou. 20s in all the defensive stuff.

Brought it all back that has.

Stian Neset. Signed from Stromgodset. 147 goals in one season, Svindal Larsen set up 96 of them. Danny Murphy and Neil Lennon anchoring the midfield, Thomas Doll excellent backup. Neil Ruddock the best defender in the game. The joy of signing Roy Keane off my brother on a Bosman.

Ah, memories.