By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Moving back to England, maybe...

JonShar

Alright so I've been in the States for 16 years and I'm seriously considering making a move back home. This is where you people come in.

Anyone have any contacts that can get me an interview with a restaurant group? I've got shedloads of experience, a lot of it running 55 restaurants for a US chain, and I'll be happy just running a single restaurant in England. So if anyone knows anyone or has a friend of a friend I'd appreciate it.

Obviously will need a place to live too, preferably rental - so if anyone has any contacts or recommended housing websites I'd appreciate that too.

Preferably Liverpool/NorthWest, but I'm open to any of the major cities too. CHEERS!

Jon

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closed it down in May, my business partner ended up being a bit underhanded, to say the least.

Oh yeah - and what kind of salary would leave me comfortable? It's just me.

Sorry to hear that mate, really - it looked really good from the menu and photos you sent. :(

Molby and DH have as various threads passim illustrate, all kinds of experience and more for this in relation to Liverpool.

I know a few in the restaurant trade down this end if you fancy Bath or Bristol - if you want to know more, just ask.

on commission?

I just look more and more at this country, as a parent of two kids under 3, and I just dont want them to grow up in the current environment I am surrounded by.

I'm in my 50's now and have a daughter of 8 - to add to your own observations, I don't want to grow old in this country which is why I'm off to France.

Edited by fyds

contact David Hodgson about restaurants

and me for property in Liverpool

Cheers mate, I'll be in touch.

Sorry to hear that mate, really - it looked really good from the menu and photos you sent. :(

Molby and DH have as various threads passim illustrate, all kinds of experience and more for this in relation to Liverpool.

I know a few in the restaurant trade down this end if you fancy Bath or Bristol - if you want to know more, just ask.

Thanks, I appreciate it - don't go into business with anyone is the lesson I learned from that one! Thanks for the info, I'll be in touch via email.

seriously.....why come back to england?

Why not? I'm in the south ot the US, surely England is, worst case scenario, no worse than this place. There's plenty wrong over here too. Why would I not come back to England?

I just look more and more at this country, as a parent of two kids under 3, and I just dont want them to grow up in the current environment I am surrounded by.

Nail on head, but I reckon finding somewhere nice in a rural area would go some way to lessening those worries and that would probably apply to any city/burb dweller anywhere, although here in Belfast isn't too bad, nowhere near the madness affecting kids that seems to be coming through the UK press these days.

Ideally though, I'd love to be able to up sticks and move to the west coast like Donegal/Galway or a dream move would be to Italy/Spain/south-France.

Why not? I'm in the south ot the US, surely England is, worst case scenario, no worse than this place. There's plenty wrong over here too. Why would I not come back to England?

I dunno you know mate, I'm never going back if I can help it, and definitely wouldn't raise kids in England now.

I think it has got far worse, socially, in the last 15 years.

I suppose I am talking about life in cities. I just can't tolerate the aggressive, violent, selfish, culture that exists, as it makes all the work you put into creating a nice lifestyle for yourself, futile. Over here if i wanted to get in a fight, i'd have to start it myself.

I suppose I am talking about life in cities. I just can't tolerate the aggressive, violent, selfish, culture that exists, as it makes all the work you put into creating a nice lifestyle for yourself, futile. Over here if i wanted to get in a fight, i'd have to start it myself.

where are you living now?