By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Epsom Derby

Montse

Well i've gone for Tartan Bearer as it's got Stoute's classic Derby profile all over it but i find it very interesting that Johnny Murtagh has got off Coolmore's Allesandro Volta to ride King Of Rome. If it rains Curtain Call can win

Didn't Murtagh turn down FF in favour of King Of Rome? If so then that would put me off Tartan Bearer somewhat... What does Murtagh know though... I'm backing FF at 25s, f***ing ridiculous price.

Just out of curiosity, Ben, but do you make money on the horses ?

I did in last seasons NH... Making a loss on the flat this year, so far, though. Ascot will change that no worries though. ;) Do you not then?

Ramona Chase will get you off to a nice start, e/w no problems.

Edited by Ben 23

I did in last seasons NH... Making a loss on the flat this year, so far, though. Ascot will change that no worries though. ;) Do you not then?

Ramona Chase will get you off to a nice start, e/w no problems.

Do i ? Yes, thanks !

Ramona Chase - interesting choice but the only chance it has is if there's a change of tactic and Richard Hughes gets it near the front early. I've gone for Rochefort at 18-1.

My bet of the day though is probably Illusion in the 2.35 at Donny. The Derby and other top class races at Epsom and yet Jimmy Fortune has gone to Doncaster to ride this. The horse it beat last time has since won so 5-1 looks a steal.

Do i ? Yes, thanks !

:)

Ramona Chase - interesting choice but the only chance it has is if there's a change of tactic and Richard Hughes gets it near the front early. I've gone for Rochefort at 18-1.

My bet of the day though is probably Illusion in the 2.35 at Donny. The Derby and other top class races at Epsom and yet Jimmy Fortune has gone to Doncaster to ride this. The horse it beat last time has since won so 5-1 looks a steal.

But Rochefort is Gosden's only runner at Epsom so Fortune has turned him down obviously... Maybe that makes you more keen on Illusion. I Can't have it though.

All Hughes needs to do is settle Ramona Chase and he'll take all the beating, it's about all Hughes is good for as well so should go close. Don't think it matters where he's positioned as long as he's not oulling too hard... Will trade v. low at some point anyway in my opinion... 1.01 I hope.

----------------

Casual Conquest and NA will be un-placed *nap*

-------------------------

Saver on TB as well just in case he beats FF by a head again. (And a rfc)... Tajaweed in for a tricast

Edited by Ben 23

Terrifying run ( and must have been a terrifying ride). I really thought he was going to run into the back of several others and cause a pile up.

Frightening in more ways than one. To come second by an inch in the Guineas and then pull like that before winning a Derby...some horse, alhtough several lengths slower than Authorised

And after Illusion was hit over the nose by a whip and backed off, i put some money on Fortunes other horse which won. He'd not gone up there for nothing.

• 3 weeks later...