By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Russian hockey rules again!

Gary Wolf

Have just recovered from watching the World's final. Honestly didn't believe it was real. To beat Canada on their own ice after being two goals down before the last period!

Especially happy with Sergey Fedorov, won golden medals with the USSR in 1989 and 1990, hadn't played in World Cups for nearly 20 years and now holding the Cup once more. True legend.

Looks like the birth of the new Red Machine for me, that team.

good to see Russia win, especially Fedor Tyutin :cooler:

As for the Stanley Cup, mmmm, Pittsburgh of Detroit - 's like asking who I want to win between Spurs or Newcastle.

Mind, Tom Hicks characterless fecin team are still hanging on. NHL in Texas and indeed all the southern states, should be outlawed :popcorn:

Edited by Benitez

aye Tyutin is good, one of my favourite Rangers players :cooler: Watched his career develop since a good few years now, he's become an important player for the Rangers.

It's rare for a team to come from 3-0 down, but it happens. But I'm sure Detroit will sort this out tonight! I can't stand Detroit, but the idea of Dallas being in the finals is really really bad. :angry:

It's rare for a team to come from 3-0 down, but it happens. But I'm sure Detroit will sort this out tonight! I can't stand Detroit, but the idea of Dallas being in the finals is really really bad. :angry:

Anti-hockey, right :angry: Only Minnesota annoys me more in the west than Dallas.

They do have a couple of players there in Texas that I respect - like Zubov and Modano. BTW I can only say thanks to Dallas for knocking Sharks out of it. I doubt Russia could have managed it without Nabokov.

I couldn't stand Dallas even before the Tom Hicks associaton with us. Now I really can't stand them. I don't like ANY of these new fangled Southern teams. Nashville, Atlanta, and my personal favourite Carolina fecin Hurricanes with their flushing toilet logo :angry:

Call me old fashioned, but I wish the Dallas Stars where still the Minnesota North Stars, and that Hartford and Winnipeg still had NHL teams!

I'm with you here. Californian clubs are s**** too. What a disgrace for the league to see Anaheim win it.

And you can imagine my emotions while watching the Edmonton - Carolina final a couple of years ago.

ps. And how about a team for Quebec? ;)

for some reason I don't mind LA Kings, maybe cos they have been around a while. But yeah, anaheim, seeing them win it was not good, and not good for the NHL as far as I'm concerned. I know they got sold, but the whole concept of that team is so wrong. Pathetic.

Thats why even though I can't stand Detroit, and Pittsburgh are a rival of my team - at least one of them winning it - it seems alike a team from a proper hockey area is going to win the Cup! So that is far better in my book.

Ah yeah, the old Nords as well. I loved their jerseys and logo. Thats another thing I can't stand about these newer teams, the stupid logos and uniforms. The classic Original 6 are all so cool. Then old teams like the Nords as well and Hartford - class logos!

Hockey world cups are crap. Come back when you've won the Olympics (wink, wink) or one of the few proper World Cup tournaments being played.

Sometimes they are, especially when your team is losing (Tre kronor with you, right ;)). Yes, we haven't won the Olympics since 1992, but wait till Vancouver 2010 - and we'll see.

And the good old World Cups, who knows if they are ever to return.

Sometimes they are, especially when your team is losing (Tre kronor with you, right ;)). Yes, we haven't won the Olympics since 1992, but wait till Vancouver 2010 - and we'll see.

And the good old World Cups, who knows if they are ever to return.

Believe me I'm not being bad loser here. I think the tournament as whole sucks and is a poor excuse for a 'World Cup' imo. I didn't give a toss the couple of times Sweden won it recently. Remember once a few years back we got just the right teams knocked out of the NHL play-offs so we got our best players to the WC but the rest of the top nations didn't. Was a walk in the (icy) park that one.

Hockey world cups are crap. Come back when you've won the Olympics (wink, wink) or one of the few proper World Cup tournaments being played.

GB won in 1936 :P

I bloody hate the Wings but I'll be supporting them due to the fact that Crosby is a whining diving twunt :D

at least Hicks' lot are now officially out :yes:

I can't support the Wings :unsure: But the Pens, mmmm, yeah Crosby is a horrible whiney little prima donna - he is the Ronaldo of ice hockey. But the Wings..... oh I dunno. Cancel the cup!

good to see Russia win, especially Fedor Tyutin :cooler:

As for the Stanley Cup, mmmm, Pittsburgh of Detroit - 's like asking who I want to win between Spurs or Newcastle.

Mind, Tom Hicks characterless fecin team are still hanging on. NHL in Texas and indeed all the southern states, should be outlawed :popcorn:

Indeed... do they know it's christmas time?