By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Heathrow to Liverpool

melia

How long should it take to drive from Heathrow to Liverpool on a Saturday evening out of season?

I will pick up a car around 5pm and I'm hoping to be jumping off the M62 around 8pm, is that realistic nowadays?

How long should it take to drive from Heathrow to Liverpool on a Saturday evening out of season?

I will pick up a car around 5pm and I'm hoping to be jumping off the M62 around 8pm, is that realistic nowadays?

If you put yer foot down and get a clear run 3 hours is possible

I live 10 miles from Heathrow and have done that journey a zillion times, with no traffic hotspots or accidents you'll piss it especially if you use the toll road and avoid Birmingham, it's 200 miles of uninterrupted motorway.

Three hours is a decent target but it will depend on your route atc. M4, M40, M42, M6 toll, M6, M62 is the most obvious but there are a few places on that route where the whole thing regularly grinds to a halt, whatever time of day or night. M40 at the junction with the A34, the filter from the M40-M42, all of the M42, M6 can be stop-start all the way some days.... I'd allow 5 hours, hope for three and, if you get a good run, thank the lord that you did it in two and a half.

I live 10 miles from Heathrow and have done that journey a zillion times, with no traffic hotspots or accidents you'll piss it especially if you use the toll road and avoid Birmingham, it's 200 miles of uninterrupted motorway.

yeah, it's a piece of piss.

2 and a half is quite doable.