By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

I've got a new job...

Gray - YPC

So I'm a very happy chappy right now!!

Got a promotion to a Manager's job at Citi (I'm currently working as a Team Leader with Egg). It's a role currently based in Manchester, so I need to spend some time up there getting up to speed before the department is moved from Manchester to Derby where I'll be taking it over.

I'm very happy, but also a bit scared as it's going to be a real challenge and very hard work - but it's also a great opportunity to shine.

Now the only worry is what hours I'll be working in case I need to work Saturdays.... :unsure:

The only thing you can manage is a ridiculous amount of lager

Work hard, play harder has always been my motto.

To quote Ben's arl fella... "Gray might look a bit of a mess, but when you talk to him he's actually very intelligent and articulate".

Just because you see me bladdered, or on the way to being bladdered, with cans/crates of ales in my hand, at some god forsaken hour in the morning, whilst very hungover, and/or in various European cities, surrounded by a mob of nuisances doesn't mean that I can't scrub up and be a respectable member of a financial insitution...

Ok, Ok... you're probably right!!

:lol:

You should get that put on your grave

Seriously though well done

I'd like to point out the following:

The 1st time I met Ben's Dad was at 4.30am when we came back bladdered and Ben had forgotten his key.

The 2nd time was the following morning when we were a bit worse for wear.

The 3rd time was when I'd got a train up in the morning and it was about 11am by which time I turned up with about 12 cans in my hand, having already had about 8.

I wasn't exactly giving myself a great chance of making a good first impression!!!

Congratulations...

...hope you've stopped jumping out of your skin every time your phone rang....?

Haha

I was on edge like hell that day... even the ale wasn't helping relax me, and then I text my boss who then rang to tell me they'd been a delay and I wouldn't find out until Thursday or Friday.

All that worry for nothing!!

Turned out well in the end though :D

fair play mate. I used to work for Citi. they're pretty decent to work for

I'm hoping so. The Egg ethos of the past has been on its way out, so things have been changing for a while. It'll be interesting to see the differences between the two parts. I think it'll look better having Citi on my CV too!!

Just when you thought there couldn't be anymore c*nts in one city!!!

I'm only going there for the odd day or two during the handover period.

I was speaking to my manager and he was saying about putting me up in a hotel tomorrow night if I have to go there for tommorrow as well as Wednesday. I said don't bother... I'd rather kip on Kev's sofa in Liverpool!! :cool:

I'm only going there for the odd day or two during the handover period.

I was speaking to my manager and he was saying about putting me up in a hotel tomorrow night if I have to go there for tommorrow as well as Wednesday. I said don't bother... I'd rather kip on Kev's sofa in Liverpool!! :cool:

Haha, is right lad

Always a spare bed in ours if you need it