By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Bertie Ahern naming a date for his departure

dorgie

Good riddance. His position was untenable after the Carruth revelations, even the most staunch FFers started turning against after he displayed that he was prepared to let an innocent women go to jail for his crimes.

Good riddance. His position was untenable after the Carruth revelations, even the most staunch FFers started turning against after he displayed that he was prepared to let an innocent women go to jail for his crimes.

Sorry Maldini but that bit is just not true.

You are right that it was the Carruth testimony that pushed him over the edge however.

Could never figure out which was worse - that thieving, whingy mascara laden c***, or the mentally deficient loons that voted him in again :angry:

How f***in arrogant to you have to be to call people 'mentally deficient' just because they voted a way you don't agree with?

How f***in arrogant to you have to be to call people 'mentally deficient' just because they voted a way you don't agree with?

Almost, but not quite, as arrogant as a Fianna Failer I'd guess? How hard was it, exactly, to see he was corrupt, a liar, and generally despicable by the time of the last election? Not hard at all. There was no excuse for his re-election. None. (Well, other than the one mentioned earlier of course.)

Edited by Mr Kite

Almost, but not quite, as arrogant as a Fianna Failer I'd guess? How hard was it, exactly, to see he was corrupt, a liar, and generally despicable by the time of the last election? Not hard at all. There was no excuse for his re-election. None.

So again voting a way you don't like makes people 'mentally deficient' is what you're saying? From your ivory tower over there you reckon that over 41% of the electorate are 'mentally deficient'?

And why are Fianna Fáilers arrogant then?? Haven't heard them going around calling people who disagree with them 'mentally deficient'.

You are right that it was the Carruth testimony that pushed him over the edge however.

However he was prepared to let Carruth testify that she couldn't remember making sterling lodgements, it was only when Mahon reminded her of the consequences that she came clean. He should not have allowed her to be put into this position

What I think is more damning is that he claimed he did not know his life partner had got IR£30,000 from his constituency fund or the B/T account or whatever it was to buy a house. That just beggars belief.

His obfuscation at Mahon is part of the reason why that circus has gone on as long as it has

However having said all that to call 41% of the people who voted 'mentally deficient loons' is arrogance of the highest order. It is a democracy and just because you don't agree with how they vote smacks of complete arrogance. I have never voted FF but if people want to thats their perogative in a democracy.

Edited by ExCorkExile

However he was prepared to let Carruth testify that she couldn't remember making sterling lodgements, it was only when Mahon reminded her of the consequences that she came clean. He should not have allowed her to be put into this position

What I think is more damning is that he claimed he did not know his life partner had got IR£30,000 from his constituency fund or the B/T account or whatever it was to buy a house. That just beggars belief.

His obfuscation at Mahon is part of the reason why that circus has gone on as long as it has

However having said all that to call 41% of the people who voted 'mentally deficient loons' is arrogance of the highest order. It is a democracy and just because you don't agree with how they vote smacks of complete arrogance. I have never voted FF but if people want to thats their perogative in a democracy.

See I've no problem with any of that. I'm also glad he's stepping down and I do think he should have done something to prevent Carruth being put in that position.

It's really just the comment re 'mentally deficient loons' that I take issue with.

It's really just the comment re 'mentally deficient loons' that I take issue with.

Its the only viable excuse for his re-election "in my opinion". And by "mentally deficient" I'm talking about the inabilty to marry together two concepts: one of the worst health services imaginable in a so called advanced society with corrupt, lying cheating "cute hoors" smugly ignoring that situation whilst voting themselves pay increases or smearing their faces vainly with make up. It's a despicable state of affairs and if you think railing against this corruption, and essential incompetence, that is so endemic in the ranks of the Government and being frustrated to the deepest core of my being that people in Ireland were willing to turn a blind eye to it all is arrogance, so be it. I personally have watched people close to me slowly dying due to the lack of proper health care in Ireland, unable to get hospice care or a hospital bed. I've had to carry leaking bags of piss from bedrooms, been left to change the soiled dressing on a bed-ridden patient where the health nurse was but part time and couldn't visit, and sat as the the stench of slow putrefaction enveloped the house I lived in. I would not wish the experience on anybody. "Arrogant"? Well so be it - I'm an arrogant f***** and proud of it.

Its the only viable excuse for his re-election "in my opinion". And by "mentally deficient" I'm talking about the inabilty to marry together two concepts: one of the worst health services imaginable in a so called advanced society with corrupt, lying cheating "cute hoors" smugly ignoring that situation whilst voting themselves pay increases or smearing their faces vainly with make up. It's a despicable state of affairs and if you think railing against this corruption, and essential incompetence, that is so endemic in the ranks of the Government and being frustrated to the deepest core of my being that people in Ireland were willing to turn a blind eye to it all is arrogance, so be it. I personally have watched people close to me slowly dying due to the lack of proper health care in Ireland, unable to get hospice care or a hospital bed. I've had to carry leaking bags of piss from bedrooms, been left to change the soiled dressing on a bed-ridden patient where the health nurse was but part time and couldn't visit, and sat as the the stench of slow putrefaction enveloped the house I lived in. I would not wish the experience on anybody. "Arrogant"? Well so be it - I'm an arrogant f***** and proud of it.

Think that's bad? I personally have watched people close to me voting Fine Gael.

Without the heavy handed approach and verbals I get where you are coming from.

I see it as a democratic right to actually vote to better those that are in a less fortunate position than you.

Not vote for the status quo cos "I always do" or because "he's Billy-Jo's son and he was good for us" as seems to be the norm on this island.

He could have stopped this nonsense a long time ago but he allowed it to continue, he let her get up there on the stand and incriminate herself to save his neck.

He could have stopped this nonsense a long time ago but he allowed it to continue, he let her get up there on the stand and incriminate herself to save his neck.

I agree. But the way you previously put it, about him pratically sending her to jail, just isn't true.

There are loads of things wrong in this country, particularly in the health service and I'm sorry you had to go through horrible experiences like that.

However calling people 'mentally deficient' because they don't share the same view as you is arrogant.

I agree. But the way you previously put it, about him pratically sending her to jail, just isn't true.

Well he stood back and knew that she'd have to lie on his behalf. He obviously didn't let her know it'd be ok to tell the truth. If the lawyers want to persue it, they could end up sending him to jail, the way things are going, they'll be able to prove he perjured himself.