By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

anyone in Dublin

aka Dus

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the orangers hadnt apeared to be overly provocative from what I had seen. Sure, it was the first time ever the hard boys inthe Celtic shirts had had a chance to prove their commitment to the 'cause'.

There'll be many a bottle of cider opened in celebration tonight no doubt.

Well the orangers hadnt apeared to be overly provocative from what I had seen. Sure, it was the first time ever the hard boys inthe Celtic shirts had had a chance to prove their commitment to the 'cause'.

Absolutely. But this demonstration was designed to provoke exactly this reaction. All those years of all the action happening north of the border, the southern Shinners got their chance to show us what they can do today. Shower of tw ats.

I walked past O'Connell Street last night and bar a bit of fencing there was nothing to stop people getting at the building equipment in the middle of the street. I presume it came in handy for some people

Hopefully nobody was hurt badly. If I was Welsh I'd steer clear of the city tonight

fencing is for the building works? ;)

lots of 'missiles' around..lol...great planning.

this bollix that the cops didn't know there might have been violence is crap - what were they expecting? a nice clapping gesture by the boys in the celtic shirts?

Not condoning the violence at all, but they shouldda known that it would have attracted some amount of 'ill-feeling' in Dublin.

RTE veteren journo was beaten up today :o

this bollix that the cops didn't know there might have been violence is crap - what were they expecting? a nice clapping gesture by the boys in the celtic shirts?

Not condoning the violence at all, but they shouldda known that it would have attracted some amount of 'ill-feeling' in Dublin.

Charlie Bird got it in the chops.

He's grand though, apparently.

The City council "received assurances" from the site contractors that the building area had been secured. :) A bit of old tarpulin was thrown over the pile of chuck-rite sized cobblestones.

It'd be gas if it weren't so pathetic.

Only in Ireland

Id say Frazers had a good day ;)

Indeed..but how could the gardai have NOT known as claimed by McDougal;) that it would kick off - I said it all day. 300 coppers FFS, there were more for any of the Reclaim the Streets demos :rolleyes:

40 arrested or so..loads more to be picked up as they were caught on camera I suspect.

But the idea to start the parade OUTSIDE Sinn Fein HQ on Parnell St was always going to incite violence...

What a load of b******s.

I know for a fact that the Gardai warned DCC last night that they needed to make the area more secure.

Pictures from Indymedia and Flickr:

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/74507

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/74499

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/74504

http://flickr.com/photos/search/tags:dubli...ot/tagmode:all/

Some bad scenes there.

Something like this has been brewing for a while in the south. Not too sure where this anti social behaviour has come from but you see it week in week out in the city centre and at football matches. From what I see most of it comes from the 15-25 age group but Im sure there were older people involved today (it is said that saturday shoppers joined in with the republican sinn fein blockade once they heard what it was about). We are also reading each week that Sinn Fein are expected to be part of an Irish government within the next 15 years so that shows the direction things are going over here.

I went to see Capote today in Cineworld with a friend. We walked into bloody mayhem after it and ended up in Roches Stores trying to keep away from the hassle. After a couple of minutes a group of knuckle dragging, troglodytes stormed through the front door and frightened the life out of a lot of orange coloured women. A few minutes later we went out to Moore Street. Another group of shiny tracksuited freedom frighteners came storming down the street. A couple of them were caught and given a good kicking down one of the lane ways.

And do you know what the response was from the women on Moore Street. Its the bloody loyalist's fault. I ended up having a row with an ould one whose final words to me were "You f**king southsiders are all orange b*st*rds anyway". Shameful stuff.

I'm not Irish and I'm virulently anti-religious, but I f***ing hate unionists and orangemen. The whole island is Ireland, f*** off back to the UK if you're so desperate to be British!

It wasnt loyalists/Unionists who caused this. It was shellsuited monkey's claiming to be republican but who probably couldnt spell the term.

Edited by snookiejane

I'm not Irish and I'm virulently anti-religious, but I f***ing hate orangemen. The whole island is Ireland, f*** off back to the UK if you're so desperate to be British!

This however sounds like skiprats looking for a good excuse for a ruck

:wacko:

thats a great understanding of the situation you have there

Honestly cant you Oirish just get along and play nice

I mean, no wonder the Gardai were caught out...Who would have thought that the orange order marching through Dub would bring out very republican numpty, or anyone who wants an excuse to throw a brick a the Police