By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Accomadation around Edinburgh

Cheesecake

I'm looking to move to Edinburgh or at least to towns close by for commuting, any locals got suggestions of particular areas in those towns that are good for residential areas? Young kid intow so a nursery nearby would be helpful with a view to a primary school in 2 years.

I'm looking to move to Edinburgh or at least to towns close by for commuting, any locals got suggestions of particular areas in those towns that are good for residential areas? Young kid intow so a nursery nearby would be helpful with a view to a primary school in 2 years.

Dalgety Bay seems to be the place of choice for commuting types around Edinburgh, its over the water in gods kingdom but easly accessible by Rail, roads are a nightmare round Edinburgh so to commute its better by rail or the park and ride just up the road.

i think its getting a litte expensive but not as bad as in the city itself.

Where will you be commuting to? If you're based out at South Gyle, then the train is very handy.

The west of Edinburgh has good transport links. Livingstone and Falkirk are okay. They're about 25 minutes on the train into the centre.

They both have cinemas/big shopping centres & that sort of thing - plenty for the kids. They're both a bit soleless though.

Stirling's nicer, but maybe too far and a bit more expensive. It's around 50 minutes on the train.

There are a few small towns south of Edinburgh that are okay and have large new build developments. Dalkeith and Bonnyrigg are a couple I've been to see.

You can get the Edinburgh local buses from here, so your commute will only cost £40 per month.

Also, a lot of people commute from Fife. f***ing randoms is the local passtime. Fine until your kids get to highschool.

thanks Libero & Kozma, I'm not familiar with the areas mentioned but will have a look at them! I'd be commuting to the centre of Edinburgh, ideally I'd be looking for a house as opposed to a flat and with the need for a nursery to place the kid at while I work so Stirling would be too far away in terms of commute times though it does look to be a nice place to live.

I'm looking for something that has a commute of roughly 30 minutes preferably by train as I dont have anyone who could collect my kid if I got stuck on buses/m-way etc. I'm basing this on the nursery being open from 8am to 6pm and while it may not sound like to best thing to consider when looking for a property, I'm unfortunately in the position where its one of the first things I have to consider! I'm in Edinburgh later this week so will get out to Dalgety Bay for a drive and try to take a trip to Livingston & Falkirk at the weekend to get a feel for the palces! thanks again guys.