By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Saving the Planet

adayinthelife

Where are all the environmentalists now?

Are you all really that self important that you believe you have a major affect on this planet, which has been here for billions of years?

Arrogant meddling is a perfect description of these environmentalists, who are only interested in a clean place to live for themselves.

The planet is fine, it's the people that are f***ed. :lol:

Edited by adayinthelife

Are you all really that self important that you believe you have a major affect on this planet, which has been here for billions of years?

Arrogant meddling is a perfect description of these environmentalists, who are only interested in a clean place to live for themselves.

whisht yer cakehole

Guest Raisbeck

Because we have had a major affect on it in the few thousands years we have been here as well as the last 200 years since the industrial revolution.

no - i don't waste energy (mine or the planet's) discussing with climate change deniers

'Deniers' makes it sound something which is 100% true. Whilst I would say I don't really favour either side of the arguement as of yet, it would be very naive to overlook the arguements against climate change.

Guest Raisbeck
'Deniers' makes it sound something which is 100% true. Whilst I would say I don't really favour either side of the arguement as of yet, it would be very naive to overlook the arguements against climate change.

I dont see the point in arguing against this particular issue?

What can be bad about recycling, saving energy and caring a little more about our affect on the environment? Plus, if we ignore it, in 50 years it might be too late to reverse things?

why cop out, if you feel that strongly about it?

because, among other topics, it has been done to death on this forum and I have better things to do with my evening than debate with random strangers on an internet forum

George Carlin isn't funny

Think he could have stayed there on that stage for several billions of years and remained completely unfunny. Though it might have been marginally funny to watch him drown at some point I suppose

He uses the 'evidence' to say what the planet has been through which is supposedly worse than 'us' but refuses to believe the evidence that shows the damage that is being done.

George Carlin isn't funny

Maybe so, but he has a point, which shouldn't just be swept under the carpet like carbon storage just because some people ignore the truth by focusing on an abstract such as the merits of comedy.

It's like I've said on many occasions on this forum, in the great scheme of things, what make us so special?