By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Sickie

robfar1

I'm sure your colleagues will be delighted in sharing your workload, or maybe management will get a temp in and he'll show you up for the skiving get you are and you'll last another 8 weeks tops in your employment.

Soulda' gone to work!

Regrets thread...f*** em anyway they have taken numerous days off over the last few years and this is my first in two (years that is if you read the opening line)...i'm going to the Weatherspoons,...only place that sells beer open at 9am!

I'm sure your colleagues will be delighted in sharing your workload, or maybe management will get a temp in and he'll show you up for the skiving get you are and you'll last another 8 weeks tops in your employment.

Soulda' gone to work!

and now for some real advice. Just tell them you've got the shiits. It's never questioned....also you now have to take tomorow off an' all. It's the law. Have Thursday off it makes sense to have Friday off. You knows it!

Finally some sense..already told them I have the shiits! Already planning the day off tomorrow as well! Not expecting any advice on here...think I'll just go the pub.

and now for some real advice. Just tell them you've got the shiits. It's never questioned....also you now have to take tomorow off an' all. It's the law. Have Thursday off it makes sense to have Friday off. You knows it!

My daughters best mate works for a travel agent and wanted a day off last week to go to a gig with my daughter. She couldn't get the day off due to leaving it too late to book it off properly (She needs to give a weeks notice) but was told she could have a "duvet day". Turns out, if she doesn't fancy going to work in the morning she is allowed to call up and say she fancies a Duvet day and as long as there is enough people at work that day she can have the day off. She is allowed 8 of these a year. Admittedly she works in the complaints department which is why they introduced it in the first place, because people have a lot of sickies due to stress, but, it has been so successful in reducing the "sickness" levels, because people take one duvet day instead of 2 days trying to legitamize a fake sicky, that they thinking of introducing it across the company.

I'm an employer too

one sickie in two years? I'd give him the medal of honour and a promotion and a pay rise

I'd sooner he asked for a sickie, so to speak. I wouldn't begrudge it, not in the slightest. The act of pisstaking was worse as his record seems fine.

:lol:

do you have a high staff turnover?

I agree with him. I had a young lass worked for me phoned in sick.By pure coincidence I was driving along and I spotted her from a bridge, she was with her boy friend feeding the ducks, I stopped the car and walked over. As soon as she saw me she started stamping her feet (literally) telling me it was her first day off in a year and she never ever took a dodgy day off and now she had I was spying on her, bla, bla,bla!

It was all borne of embarrasment, then all of a sudden we both burst out laughing and I walked off. I sacked the idle bitch the next day.

Not really :D

The sickie begins at 5pm the previous day, Shirley? On the ran-tan-tan that evening, alarm set for the ring in in the morning, and the leeway for the cure of cures on the actual sick day, returning to bed after the session at about 6 or 7 that second evening.

Sober sickie call means you actually have to waste time in getting drunk.