By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

I might have a spare ticket for next wednesday night

charlie clown

I hope you at least got a shag out of it. No excuses otherwise.

Not even got that excuse :(

I was taking pity on an old hippy I used to work with whose mate had dropped out late on. I did get a curry for my trouble though.

Thinking back now, it wasn't the only shocker he dragged me to either. A double headline gig of the Peter Green Splinter Group and John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers might evenm have been worse.

Not even got that excuse :(

I was taking pity on an old hippy I used to work with whose mate had dropped out late on. I did get a curry for my trouble though.

Thinking back now, it wasn't the only shocker he dragged me to either. A double headline gig of the Peter Green Splinter Group and John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers might evenm have been worse.

You're just winding up Ostrich Man now. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Worst gig I've ever been to was The Mission in Belfast around 1988. f***ing DREADFUL.

don't tell me you ended up shagging a goth as compensation. mind you, after wayne hussey, even that prospect might seem like a reward.

worst gig? i went to see hawkwind do an all-nighter at brixton, which in itself was a good night - including lemmy with sam fox singing masters of the universe :wacko: but it all took a turn for the worse when the keyboard player (a stephen king lookalike) was wheeled out into the middle of the auditorium for a lengthy solo spot, complete with theatrical gesticulations. self-indulgent yawnfest.

worst gig? i went to see hawkwind do an all-nighter at brixton, which in itself was a good night - including lemmy with sam fox singing masters of the universe :wacko:

The acid really was better in those days, eh?

The acid really was better in those days, eh?

they're definitely a band that take on a different dimension under the influence of strong narcotics.

saw them once in holland while virtually comatose following an afternoon on fine skunk & afghan cocktails, washed down with beer. after 10 minutes down at the front, i retired to the back of the small club with two pre-rolled which i shared with a mate. couldn't speak, could barely stand up and just sat, eyes closed and let the music wash through me. can't think of any other band that would've enticed me to stay in that condition.

and yes, it was f***ing beautiful man :cool:

Edited by Herbie von Smalls

saw them once in holland while virtually comatose following an afternoon on fine skunk & afghan cocktails, washed down with beer. after 10 minutes down at the front, i retired to the back of the small club with two pre-rolled which i shared with a mate. couldn't speak, could barely stand up and just sat, eyes closed and let the music wash through me. can't think of any other band that would've enticed me to stay in that condition.

I had a similar experience with Dr Phibes - man, they could have gone on forever (and probably did - until the singer went to jail anyway).