By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

South London / Parking near Undergound

Tetti

So, some mates of mine are coming over on the Car tunnel and drving up to close to London. Need to park somewhere that gives access to the Underground.

Any suggestions as where best to park and be able to get away back to the Chunnel tunnel thing ( Folkestone?).

Rather than use the underground - which is a bit limited in South London - it might be best to use a mainline train into Victoria or Charing Cross station. Stations in places like Sevenoaks or Swanley are quite near the motorways and probably have car parks in or near the stations. Then there's Croydon which is a bit further in, but probably has more trains.

They could park in Caterham for free, about 3mins walk from station. Trains go to Victoria and London Bridge, in under an hour. Caterham is 4mins drive from J6 of the M25, southern section. - 1hr from Folkstone.

Edited by TanMan

Rather than use the underground - which is a bit limited in South London - it might be best to use a mainline train into Victoria or Charing Cross station. Stations in places like Sevenoaks or Swanley are quite near the motorways and probably have car parks in or near the stations. Then there's Croydon which is a bit further in, but probably has more trains.

Thanks defintiely more trains from Croydon but terrible for parking. As they are foreigners I guess they wanted to be near the tube as they know their way around it. Will suggest those to them , but they may baulk at the cost of our trains.

They could park in Caterham for free, about 3mins walk from station. Trains go to Victoria and London Bridge, in under an hour. Caterham is 4mins drive from J6 of the M25, southern section. - 1hr from Folkstone.

is that a car park or on street parking? It will be on a Sunday, if that helps with any further ideas.

Thanks

Thanks defintiely more trains from Croydon but terrible for parking. As they are foreigners I guess they wanted to be near the tube as they know their way around it. Will suggest those to them , but they may baulk at the cost of our trains.

is that a car park or on street parking? It will be on a Sunday, if that helps with any further ideas.

Thanks

Round Caterham it'd be street parking or on a single yellow band.

If it's a sunday you can park on a single yellow band all around Sydenham, where I work. 12mins to London Bridge, about 15mins drive from the A20 where it goes through the south circular in Eltham or an hour from Folkstone along the M20/A20

Round Caterham it'd be street parking or on a single yellow band.

If it's a sunday you can park on a single yellow band all around Sydenham, where I work. 12mins to London Bridge, about 15mins drive from the A20 where it goes through the south circular in Eltham or an hour from Folkstone along the M20/A20

That sounds like a plan, they can get an all zones pass then maybe? Can you suggest a road name around there and I can sort out the route on the AA site.

That sounds like a plan, they can get an all zones pass then maybe? Can you suggest a road name around there and I can sort out the route on the AA site.

Nearby Venner Road or easier to navigate to Homecroft Road, Both SE26. Neither are banded at all. Both quiet residential streets, both within 2 mins walk from Sydenham Station. Make sure they dont go to Lower Sydenham or Sydenham Hill..

They could always park on the forecourt of Nickells Blinds at 22 Sydenham Road, SE26 5QW 30 seconds walk from the station. By prior agreement with the owner ;)

Nearby Venner Road or easier to navigate to Homecroft Road, Both SE26. Neither are banded at all. Both quiet residential streets, both within 2 mins walk from Sydenham Station. Make sure they dont go to Lower Sydenham or Sydenham Hill..

ok ta

They could always park on the forecourt of Nickells Blinds at 22 Sydenham Road, SE26 5QW 30 seconds walk from the station. By prior agreement with the owner ;)

Who he? honest?

ok ta

Who he?

He me :)

There's off street parking for six cars outside our factory. We wont be using it this sunday, other people do though without permission. If they need to park for the day and there's a space free then it's cool by me.

I'll be there at 8am monday though with my clamp ;)

Just kidding

The bit that says 'Works' is our place

Edited by TanMan

It will be on a Sunday, if that helps with any further ideas.

On a Sunday you can park in all kind of places in London for free (and obviously get an underground pass to travel about).

I've often parked in the area near the south side of Hyde Park from where you can walk to Hyde Park Corner or Knightsbridge station.

For convenience of heading back out towards the M25/M20 there's probably somewhere equivalent near Elephant & Castle or London Bridge stations - and then you're still in zone 1.

He me :)

There's off street parking for six cars outside our factory. We wont be using it this sunday, other people do though without permission. If they need to park for the day and there's a space free then it's cool by me.

I'll be there at 8am monday though with my clamp ;)

Just kidding

The bit that says 'Works' is our place

Its Sunday week, day of the Chelsea game.

Thanks

Don't seem to be traiins from Sydenham on that Sunday, only from Lower Sydenham or Sydenham Hill :unsure:

They can park in Worseley Bridge Road and use Lower Sydenham, it's in an industrial estate though and so not too sure if it's safe to park there in the dark.

Think the trains go to Charing Cross and Cannon Street.

• 2 weeks later...

They can park in Worseley Bridge Road and use Lower Sydenham, it's in an industrial estate though and so not too sure if it's safe to park there in the dark.

Think the trains go to Charing Cross and Cannon Street.

Last call for ideas?

:unsure:

i think sydenham hill was quite nice and quiet tbh tetti (i used to live a couple stops further down that line)but i think tanny will be the best person to double check this

Sorry guys, only just seen this.

Sydenham Hill is not as good for parking, it's close to Crystal Palace and more regulated. Penge East is fine, street parking both sides of the station. Relatively safe and well lit.