By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

E-Cigs

DPD1973

I've decided to stop smoking and went for a substitute - the 'multi-cig' rather than patches because they didn't work for me previously, it's an e-cig type of thing that gives you vapourised nicotine without the smoke/tar etc.

Has anyone used these and found them to be good/bad/waste of time etc?

Both me and the missus gave up after using the intellicig, you get a bit of a taste on the back of the throat and that makes it a reasonable substitute

we both stopped using it after about 6 months but the good thing is you're not under any pressure to actually stop. Good luck.

I've been considering these because they've no nicotine and it would just give me that familiar feeling of smoking.

Fell off the wagon majorly at Sound City after meaning to get some of those e-things in the lead up, off them again now but that itch is right there.

There is a lad at work who uses one as a smoking aid as he can puff away at his desk and smoke as normal....redonkulus!

haha! that's brilliant - I bet he gets all manner of dirty looks from non-smokers too!

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine is using them and after a few months he is doing fine off the ciggies. For the first couple of months, he was a cranky b*****d though. His wife kept sending him over to our house to walk our dog when he got on her nerves.

A friend of mine is using them and after a few months he is doing fine off the ciggies. For the first couple of months, he was a cranky b*****d though. His wife kept sending him over to our house to walk our dog when he got on her nerves.

Did you nip round to theirs while he was out walking the dog?

I'm finding that the battery life on these is really s***, first week or so fine, a recharge lasts a full day, now it lasts about 3 hours. I have 2 batteries but am f***ed off charging them 4 times a day, what a f***ing c***. Still no real ciggies a month later which is progress!

• 3 weeks later...