By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

BHF London2Brighton Bike ride 2008

M4TTA

Thought i'd share my experience as i'm very proud :)

Had a great day. Was really hard work, but well worth it.

Started off bad by getting to Hitchin train station to find no traiins running. Got a coach to Welwyn station and then a train to Kings cross. Caught up with a bunch that looked like they knew london better than we did so tagged on the back of those guys. Got to the start point 20 minutes later than we expected, but with people who were meant to start an hour earlier still joining we didn't feel too bad.

Off we went and it took just over an hour to get out of london, the amount of people was just amazing! some funky fancy dress to some hardcore cyclists who thought they were doing the tour de france :rolleyes:

Once out of london it wasn't bad going.

Ditchling beacon is a killer (a 600Ft ascent :o), i wasn't go bad untill i saw the 800m marker to the top of the hill and my body gave up knowing i wasn't that far off. Very dissapointed i didn't make it, but hey, i couldn't of asked any more of my body, it gave it a really good go.

Great day and would definatley do it again :)

If Jim is reading this, i now understand that gradient of Ditchling and the comparison i tried to make vs Wilbury hill :lol: my oh my!

some pics if you fancy browsing to pass the time.

Part1

Part2

Part3

Part4

Part5

Part6

Edited by M4TTA