Jump to content
By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Home theatre dilemma

windy city red

Recommended Posts

Getting a massive headache from reading suggestions/reviews online so I thought I come here to try and end this dilemma with some finality. Just for some background, I watch about 10 – 20 (max) hours of TV every week, and I spent about 60% watching sports and the other 40% watching movies or normal television. I am planning to set up a simple home theatre system so that I can enjoy some DVDs indoors. I plan to use the home theatre speakers to listen to some music too. For those audiophiles, I just have a couple of simple questions.


1) 1080i (720p) or 1080p? I will be getting a 42-inch LCD TV. Mags/forums have been saying for TVs less than 52-inches, there is no difference between a1080i or 1080p.

2) Jamo speakers: Anyone owns one? I absolutely loved it when I hear the speakers but there are very few reviews on the Internet and I just wanted to hear what people thought of the brand. I am thinking of getting the A10 series.

3) AV receiver: Thinking of getting a basic, easy to set-up AV receiver that wouldn’t put a hole in my wallet. Can anyone suggest one? At the same time, I am also getting inclined to buying a home theatre in a box set up from Jamo just to save myself some trouble.


Many thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...