By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

What was the last ice cream you ate?

kozma

Since it's coming into summer, I've had a few ice creams recently. The smarties ice cream was disappointing though. It made me think that it'd be worth starting a thread to provide frozen snack guidance so that we only have to eat the best ice cream, ice lollies, sorbet, frozen yogurt and other frozen snacks that I haven't thought of.

Thorntons have a couple of good ones. They have a berry sorbet which is the nicest I've had so far, but it didn't go well with the chocolate cone 8/10. The other scoop had sugary strawberry chunks in it, that was nice, but a little to sticky and sweet 6.5/10.

Dairy milk choc-ices are decent. £1.50 for a box of 4 is good value. They're just ice-cream with a dairy milk chocolate coating, nothing fancy 7/10.

The smarties ice creams, I bought at the same time as the dairy milk. They're cheap, but not great. The mini smarties are all at the top, so you have to eat all of them before getting to the ice cream. After that, all you're left with is a vanilla ice-cream cone with some chocolate at the bottom and the ice cream isn't nice enough for that, it's tastes slightly of custard and is too thick. You'd be better off with a vanilla cone and a tube of smarties 4/10.

Guest Sabre

I went to Haagen Dazs today and had caramel apple crumble, strawberries and cream and strawberry cheesecake with a raspberry coulis topping. Was sublime. 6/10

The other day I had a Twister for £1.20 which was also ace. 6/10

Guest Sabre
Twisters are good, but it's better to leave it to girls to lick penis shaped food.

My wife loves a Calippo

raspberry sorbet. whenever i do a proper shop once a month or so i always bag a pot and scoff it when i get in :bleh:

Guest Sabre
raspberry sorbet. whenever i do a proper shop once a month or so i always bag a pot and scoff it when i get in :bleh:

My Mrs loves the Haagen Dazs version and they used to sell it in the shops but no longer..

get some orange capri-sun drinks. Freeze. Scoff.

Saw them dished out to chimps on monkey business and thought 'i'll have some of that' and bloody refreshing they are too

Used to have loads of them when we were kids. Cartons of Ribena work pretty well too.

I had a classic 99 flake from the ice cream van that comes round our way in the afternoons yesterday.

same here. I bought two 99's and some orange ice lolly thing.....before anyone says anything they weren't all for me!

Had a nice ice cream sandwich thing yesterday with chocolate biscuit with vanilla and chocolate ice cream in it, nearest thing I've found here to the TollHouse ice cream which we had in the States, wish Nestle' would sell them over here :(