By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Bike question

Paul B

Any bike geeks around?

I have decided to upgrade to a new Bianchi 1885 but can't decide whether to go for the Campag or the Shimano. This is the last question to address before I part with my hard-earned. I prefer the hand position on the Campag but everyone tells me (including the shop owner I'm buying from) that Campag is better manufactured and they also have a tie-in with Bianchi which is just down the road from them. So, anyone with any experience and if so, which would you, as an independent source of info, go for?

All answers appreciated.

Nice bike!

Both will work perfectly so it really does come down to preference.

I've always thought Campy parts looked nicer than Shimano especially on a classic bike like your Bianchi.

And when I'm looking for advice, I always trust my local bike shop, they sold me the bike, they do lots of work on it and they get to ride way more equipment than I ever will.

Campag

As classy as the bike.

But the grip is less than that of the Shimano. That's what bothers me. I know what you're saying and the bike shop owner is steering (!) me this way as well but I wonder if he's on a commission from Campag or something. (we can't go on together, with suspicious minds)

Mate of mine has a titanium "Seven". He had totally free choice with money no object (compared to the frame, it was all cheap). Campag

He did the Etape up Tourmalet a couple of year back and this year is doing 100m around and up Ventoux.

Any bike geeks around?

I have decided to upgrade to a new Bianchi 1885 but can't decide whether to go for the Campag or the Shimano. This is the last question to address before I part with my hard-earned. I prefer the hand position on the Campag but everyone tells me (including the shop owner I'm buying from) that Campag is better manufactured and they also have a tie-in with Bianchi which is just down the road from them. So, anyone with any experience and if so, which would you, as an independent source of info, go for?

All answers appreciated.

Go old skool, a Campagnolo Super Record group set is a truly beautiful thing. They have and had some of the best design engineers that there are working for them.