By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

ordinary boys

Herbie von Smalls

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

as was once written on the clipboard at the end of my boom at parcel force.

f*** em f*** em all.

I went to the tesco local tonight and the magazine shelf was about 90% for women of which 90% was about celebrity.

Kerry Katona et al can eat my hole as I take a big two day lager s*** as far as I'm concerened.

f***ing cancers on the true responsibility of the media.

Well, when a former member of atomic kitten who left before they became famous can get the headlines simply because she got binned off by some former boyband member is newsworthy then it's acceptable within a sickening reason. The press are always after creating their new Diana (like that lass that will carling dumped).

The problem is it goes beyond that.

When she is pictured in the same chippy / kebab house I go to when i staying at my mates and it makes the news then there's something wrong.

Fact is she is living in a house being provided for largely by her maintenance payments, and is no different to when she'd do owt for a blue WKD only she gets loadsamoney from selling some phoney 'wronged mum' image to OK etc whilst she fritters away her orifices on local brickies and coke.

obviously i'm not well-up on the kerry katona gossip. but from what i have heard and read about her - particularly her alleged promiscuousness - she actually strikes me as a bit of a troubled lass. i think the way that westlife bloke broke up the marriage killed off any chance of her finding lasting happiness.

i guess she's well-off and prepared to 'whore' herself to the likes of iceland for a few quid more, but i think like gazza she's someone that'll end up going off the rails in a very public manner. shame that, because when i've seen her at her happiest she came across as a nice girl.

i reckon that while there are times when she's happy to embrace the gutter press/celeb mag media, she may well end up more sinned against than sinning.

Edited by Herbie von Smalls

She's no different to any of us but for the media deal herb.

If only we could bottle her pubilicty into a natural gas the world would run forever

i take your point spike.

i'm more thinking of her background. am i right in saying she was from a single parent family and not particularly well-off? i think promiscuity is often a sign of an emotionally f***ed-up upbringing.

she's hit it lucky, up to a point - and who wouldn't play into the media's hands in similar circumstances. i just reckon she's not as well-equipped to deal with the inevitable fallout, and for that alone i feel some sympathy.

compare her to the likes of jodie marsh, who is a slapper from a comfortably-off background and whom i find to be one of the most odious women i've had the misfortune to encounter - even if it's just from her celeb big brother participation. now she is someone that is self-assured enough to make her own bed and lie in it.

then again - i'm only going from what little information i've chosen to absorb from the media.

i take your point spike.

i'm more thinking of her background. am i right in saying she was from a single parent family and not particularly well-off? i think promiscuity is often a sign of an emotionally f***ed-up upbringing.

she's hit it lucky, up to a point - and who wouldn't play into the media's hands in similar circumstances. i just reckon she's not as well-equipped to deal with the inevitable fallout, and for that alone i feel some sympathy.

compare her to the likes of jodie marsh, who is a slapper from a comfortably-off background and whom i find to be one of the most odious women i've had the misfortune to encounter - even if it's just from her celeb big brother participation. now she is someone that is self-assured enough to make her own bed and lie in it.

then again - i'm only going from what little information i've chosen to absorb from the media.

Its not the 'celebrities' i blame, but those who take the time to write about them. And even more I blame the idiots who buy Heat and OK and the rest of them. At the end of the day, the Rags are only providing what people want to see, and the celebrities are only playing the game for money/exposure, I suspect like most of us would given the chance.

i take your point spike.

I understand what you are saying there Herb and maybe the 'agents' and those unseen *coughcliffordcough* types are the ones really to be held responsible.

The pursuit of celebrity and the embracing of it by our media sickens me though to be honest.

Its not the 'celebrities' i blame, but those who take the time to write about them. And even more I blame the idiots who buy Heat and OK and the rest of them. At the end of the day, the Rags are only providing what people want to see, and the celebrities are only playing the game for money/exposure, I suspect like most of us would given the chance.

i agree with your first point. the main villains are those that peddle this trash. on the second point, i'm not so convinced it's black and white. i think much of the readership does know better than to swallow all the hype and hyperbole and they swell the numbers of those that buy the garbage mags. on the other hand i think there's a lot of people that just gobble up whatever's put in front of them - the kind of person that bases their opinion of the world on what the likes of the sun portrays as 'telling it like it is', without having the capacity to work it out for themselves.

The pursuit of celebrity and the embracing of it by our media sickens me though to be honest.

it is the media in cahoots with those that leech off the press, mags and trash tv, isn't it? without them kerry katona would still be another girl on the street.

i agree with your first point. the main villains are those that peddle this trash. on the second point, i'm not so convinced it's black and white. i think much of the readership does know better than to swallow all the hype and hyperbole and they swell the numbers of those that buy the garbage mags. on the other hand i think there's a lot of people that just gobble up whatever's put in front of them - the kind of person that bases their opinion of the world on what the likes of the sun portrays as 'telling it like it is', without having the capacity to work it out for themselves.

it is the media in cahoots with those that leech off the press, mags and trash tv, isn't it? without them kerry katona would still be another girl on the street.

I think its a very sad refelction on us as a nation. You only have to look at the whole Chantelle farce to see where we're going wrong. It terrifies me to imagine what kind of a world my children will grow up in.

I think its a very sad refelction on us as a nation. You only have to look at the whole Chantelle farce to see where we're going wrong. It terrifies me to imagine what kind of a world my children will grow up in.

it's not just this nation though. the uk and u.s. have been at the forefront of what has become a new multi-billion dollar industry, but even the likes of france, which has such strict privacy laws, is now seeing these type of magazines reaching their public. the rest of the western world is certainly catching up.

i'm just wondering whether it has become an unstoppable machine, because it's such a cash-rich industry, or whether society and/or more stringent privacy laws will see it come tumbling down or at least become less appealing.

as for kids... well, i guess it's up to the likes of us, who abhor the whole cult of it all, to reason with our (future) children (rather than 'preaching') and ensure they realise how superficial and divisive fame and riches can be.

it's not just this nation though. the uk and u.s. have been at the forefront of what has become a new multi-billion dollar industry, but even the likes of france, which has such strict privacy laws, is now seeing these type of magazines reaching their public. the rest of the western world is certainly catching up.

i'm just wondering whether it has become an unstoppable machine, because it's such a cash-rich industry, or whether society and/or more stringent privacy laws will see it come tumbling down or at least become less appealing.

as for kids... well, i guess it's up to the likes of us, who abhor the whole cult of it all, to reason with our (future) children (rather than 'preaching') and ensure they realise how superficial and divisive fame and riches can be.

I fear it is unstoppable at this stage - the sheer volume of exposure these people are getting is ever-increasing, and it seems that the appetite of the Great British Publis for this mindless nonsense shows no sign of letting up.

I personally have stopped buying the redtops at all, as I just got sick of looking at the likes of Pete Doherty falling out of clubs etc. There's far more important s*** going down in this world than that methinks.

I fear it is unstoppable at this stage - the sheer volume of exposure these people are getting is ever-increasing, and it seems that the appetite of the Great British Publis for this mindless nonsense shows no sign of letting up.

well, i certainly think it's here to stay for a while, but i hope it's just another cultural fad whose time will pass...

... otherwise, it may be a case of 'if you can't beat 'em ', eh? ;)

mine goes to that bloke that runs the 'big picture' paparazzi agency :yes:

Or the 3am girls in the Mirror, or that smug, cigar quaffing c*** Max Cliiford. Go straight for the root of the problem, and deliver a long, slow and painful death, and make damned sure theres pictures in all of the pissing red-tops. That'll teach 'em!!!

Or the 3am girls in the Mirror, or that smug, cigar quaffing c*** Max Cliiford. Go straight for the root of the problem, and deliver a long, slow and painful death, and make damned sure theres pictures in all of the pissing red-tops. That'll teach 'em!!!

teehee. you're quite committed to this notion, aren't you.

i'm not so bothered about pete doherty falling out of clubs drunk - who hasn't been there? it's those like the beckhams who crave the attention - yet who manipulate the press to sanitise their sordid lives - that i find the most worrisome. there are actually people that hold them up as positive role models. :rolleyes:

When did it all pass the point of a minor annoyance, I think it was Heat magazine that pushed the "celebrity" obsession over the edge, before that most people who were famous were known for something, now it's like some kind of elaborate post modern experiment.

When did it all pass the point of a minor annoyance, I think it was Heat magazine that pushed the "celebrity" obsession over the edge, before that most people who were famous were known for something, now it's like some kind of elaborate post modern experiment.

i'd go so far as to say it's almost like the makings of a new social structure. rather than a system based on 'class', are we moving towards a kind of society where status is based on degrees of 'fame'?

if so, will it eventually get to the stage where we have to appear on reality shows simply to feed our kids? :unsure:

;)

teehee. you're quite committed to this notion, aren't you.

Its a subject very close to my heart!!!!

I blame Big Brother. The idea of celebrity wannabes becoming instantly rich and famous seems to have fuelled the fascination that 'we' have for this kind of thing.

I would love to aim a nuclear bomb at that fecking house next summer. As long as Davina escaped unharmed!!

Its a subject very close to my heart!!!!

I blame Big Brother. The idea of celebrity wannabes becoming instantly rich and famous seems to have fuelled the fascination that 'we' have for this kind of thing.

I would love to aim a nuclear bomb at that fecking house next summer. As long as Davina escaped unharmed!!

ah, now she's one of the worst offenders in my eyes.