By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Television priviliges

DanielS

Just heard from my mrs that two of the other mothers of kids in my eldest's class at school don't "allow" their husbands to watch sport on TV and another one only "allows" football on by prior arrangement - she claims to want at least 2 days notice. One of the complete ban women even related a story about how on Saturday she insisted the TV be turned over from a sports channel even though she was in another room and busy doing something else that was in any way affected by the television being on. Her husband had made the mistake of pausing on the channel whilst channel surfing long enough for it to be noticeable - poor sod.

Fortunately my mrs thinks all three are frigging mental, but does anybody on the forum have a wife / girlfriend / husband / boyfriend / farmyard animal who weilds that sort of power?

Edited by DanielS

Just heard from my mrs that two of the other mothers of kids in my eldest's class at school don't "allow" their husbands to watch sport on TV and another one only "allows" football on by prior arrangement - she claims to want at least 2 days notice. One of the complete ban women even related a story about how on Saturday she insisted the TV be turned over from a sports channel even though she was in another room and busy doing something else that was in any way affected by the television being on. Her husband had made the mistake of pausing on the channel whilst channel surfing long enough for it to be noticeable - poor sod.

Fortunately my mrs thinks all three are frigging mental, but does anybody on the forum have a wife / girlfriend / husband / boyfriend / farmyard animal who weilds that sort of power?

If they're not allowed to watch what they want on telly I very much doubt they'd be allowed on here either!

simple solution if you cant watch at home go and watch it in the pub and come home p!ssed she will prefer you watch it at home next time

Some further digging has revealed that one of the Mrs Hitlers does not let hubby go near the pub either. I've written to the International Brotherhood of Men with Testicles to make sure they know he has had them removed.

presumably the weak-willed fop at least has a similar arrangement with regard to soap operas, footballers' wives and trinny and susannah?

what's the reason given for not allowing football?

and do you think the women might be hyping it up, showing off, while really they are no more than kitchen and bedroom slaves?

but taking it at face value that sort of carry-on is shyte, marriage is about compromise not conformity

My wife tells me you can always see men in town being towed by women at 3pm on cup final day! I disputed such a creature existed but she went on to tell me some of the things her work-mates do. One woman makes her husband and two sons sit down to take a leak! This is so they don't wet the carpet! I regularly hear some men use the phrase "I'm on a promise"! Kinell, I despair when I hear that one. But, you know what they say, out of every ten men, nine are women.

Her husband had made the mistake of pausing on the channel whilst channel surfing long enough for it to be noticeable...

Incorrect. The mistake the husband made was marrying the old bat in the first place. I'd have given the heave-ho a loooooooonnnng time ago, and so should he. Stupid pr*ck.

what's the reason given for not allowing football?

and do you think the women might be hyping it up, showing off, while really they are no more than kitchen and bedroom slaves?

but taking it at face value that sort of carry-on is shyte, marriage is about compromise not conformity

I've met some of these women when on the school run myself and to be honest I think they are probably understating the case if anything. One of them is a lawyer who has quit her career to "direct" her child's development, as she puts it.

Edited by DanielS

never heard of owt like that before but I used to work with a woman who was very proud of the fact that she made her husband sit down for a p1ss. Quite how she managed this I'm not sure - window in the lav door? Scary all the same.

Been done, mate. Have a look at my post above. Sad to hear confirmation of this though.

Christ. My missus really doesn't like football, but on the one occasion I've been at her house instead of at the pub when we've been on she's let me put it on. And it was a pay per view match on boxing day. I suppose it helps that I generally go out to watch our games and aren't really that arsed about watching other teams play.

never heard of owt like that before but I used to work with a woman who was very proud of the fact that she made her husband sit down for a p1ss. Quite how she managed this I'm not sure - window in the lav door? Scary all the same.

If you had the choice, sit down or clean the bog every week, what would you choose?

I know which one's less trouble...

Edited by SteveT

Christ. My missus really doesn't like football, but on the one occasion I've been at her house instead of at the pub when we've been on she's let me put it on. And it was a pay per view match on boxing day. I suppose it helps that I generally go out to watch our games and aren't really that arsed about watching other teams play.

Similar, I'm not like me dad (who was watching the hereford game yesterday) I wont miss Liverpool, but I wont give a t0ss about owt else

My girlfriend loves watching footy!! She's got NTL but not Sky Sports and if Liverpool are on (and she's not even a Liverpool supporter) she offers to subscribe to Sky Sports for me if I'm round at her place when the match is on.

Nooooo love, its too much trouble, lets go down the alehouse and watch it eh?

I love her.