By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ryanair Exposé

Guest Sabre

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilots being taken to the limit of their hours, cabins not cleaned, passports not checked, security exams done 'open book', staff falling asleep on the job - quite an eyeopening programme

and Vic, I take your point - but even if you pay peanuts for the ticket, you deserve some basic safety and security

Pilots being taken to the limit of their hours, cabins not cleaned, passports not checked, security exams done 'open book', staff falling asleep on the job - quite an eyeopening programme

and Vic, I take your point - but even if you pay peanuts for the ticket, you deserve some basic safety and security

they've never crashed though. :thumbs:

other than the puke episode nothing else was that shocking.

of course, they'll continue to go from strength to strength unless/until people start voting with their feet.

i've boycotted them for ages and would only fly with them if it was a dire emergency. i once flew to dublin and took a four-hour journey by train to avoid giving them my money. admittedly, i had a night out with mates in dublin, but if another airline had been running a service to knock at that stage i would've given the fair city a miss.

My Dads from Kiltimagh.

JohnL - you can question anything you want with your hatred if Ryanair, that's your prerogative, but don't question the safety. That is beyond reproach. Speak to any Ryanair Engineer and he will tell you that the aircraft maintanaince is above and beynd any other airline out there.

JohnL - you can question anything you want with your hatred if Ryanair, that's your prerogative, but don't question the safety. That is beyond reproach. Speak to any Ryanair Engineer and he will tell you that the aircraft maintanaince is above and beynd any other airline out there.

Didn't look beyond reproach on the programme last night.

Unless they are shown to be endangering lives by flying unsafe planes then nothin will come of this. People won't vote with their feet. When you can get a ticket for £10 versus £100+, there is no decision to make, even if there is the risk that you will be treated like s*** and dumped in another airport. You probably saved enough money to cab it home anyway.

Didn't look beyond reproach on the programme last night.

The only thing was the escape slide which appeared to have a fault on it wasn't it?

The only thing was the escape slide which appeared to have a fault on it wasn't it?

Its more the general attidude created by this requirement to turn the plane around within 25 minutes.

Authorities should introduce a 90 minute minimum or something and introduce random inspections. Any airline not up to scratch should have inspections imposed on every flight and if they still can't shape up their landing rights should be revoked.

I refer to the actual maintanance of the aircraft John. That is beyond reproach. If a Ryanair Engineer doesnt satisfy your query, then telephone the Civil Aviation Authority, and they will.

It is common knowledge that Cabin crew grab a bit of sleep on every airline, however, it is still something that should be looked at as there can be many cases for tiredness such as out late the night before, first day of a run of earlys where you cant get to sleep early the night before. These reporters worked no more then 4 days in a row and no more then 30 and 37 hours a week respectively. Hardly slavedriving and it doesn't affect the safety of the aircraft. Neither does puke on the floor (1 case in 6 months of filming) or a complaining pilot (1 case in 6 months of filming).

There is no maintaneance record of any issue with the escape slide, and did you not notice how the "expose" didn't refer to it again after the journalist (used in the loosest terms) said she didn't know if the Captain was aware or not. She seemed to skip off those "major" issue very very quickly Hardly sensational stuff.

It's good tv though I suppose as people are talking about it. You can see why the Sun is the nations biggest selling newspaper if this is the level of journalism that can result in an hour long show.

Go on to Ryanair.com as every letter that went back and forth between the programme makers and Ryanair is posted there. It's quite an interesting read.

Its more the general attidude created by this requirement to turn the plane around within 25 minutes.

Authorities should introduce a 90 minute minimum or something and introduce random inspections. Any airline not up to scratch should have inspections imposed on every flight and if they still can't shape up their landing rights should be revoked.

Easyjet have a 20 minute turnaround. BMIbaby - 25 mins. It is fairly standard among low cost airlines.

Aer lingus have a 40 minute turnaorund. A 90 minute turnaround is just ridicules. There are also very regular random inspections from the aviation authorities in all the European countries we and the other airlines fly to. If anything was found we would be grounded.

I refer to the actual maintanance of the aircraft John. That is beyond reproach. If a Ryanair Engineer doesnt satisfy your query, then telephone the Civil Aviation Authority, and they will.

It is common knowledge that Cabin crew grab a bit of sleep on every airline, however, it is still something that should be looked at as there can be many cases for tiredness such as out late the night before, first day of a run of earlys where you cant get to sleep early the night before. These reporters worked no more then 4 days in a row and no more then 30 and 37 hours a week respectively. Hardly slavedriving and it doesn't affect the safety of the aircraft. Neither does puke on the floor (1 case in 6 months of filming) or a complaining pilot (1 case in 6 months of filming).

There is no maintaneance record of any issue with the escape slide, and did you not notice how the "expose" didn't refer to it again after the journalist (used in the loosest terms) said she didn't know if the Captain was aware or not. She seemed to skip off those "major" issue very very quickly Hardly sensational stuff.

It's good tv though I suppose as people are talking about it. You can see why the Sun is the nations biggest selling newspaper if this is the level of journalism that can result in an hour long show.

Go on to Ryanair.com as every letter that went back and forth between the programme makers and Ryanair is posted there. It's quite an interesting read.

Easyjet have a 20 minute turnaround. BMIbaby - 25 mins. It is fairly standard among low cost airlines.

Aer lingus have a 40 minute turnaorund. A 90 minute turnaround is just ridicules. There are also very regular random inspections from the aviation authorities in all the European countries we and the other airlines fly to. If anything was found we would be grounded.

To be fair though, demoting a pilot for saying he was too tired to fly safely is not on though is it. Pilots are supposed to be able to make critical decisions regarding safety issues, and Ryanair appear to effectively prohibit them from doing that. That certainly seemed unethical.