By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Djibril Cisse

CaptainXabi

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Red Mist

The only strikers that come to mind at present that would fit into our style are the below.

Berbatov

Kuyt

Bojinov

Could we just sign 'Fred' from Lyon? Not that I know anything about him, other than his name would be a lot easier to pronounce than any one of those three.

It's a shame Morientes can't seem to find his feet...

Don't think Morientes is the kind of player suited to coming on as a sub, he dosn't settle into the pace of the game as quickly as some and the game is far more frantic in the latter stages.

Also feel that while Morientes has been playing well with Crouch i don't see him as a viable alternative to play instead of Crouch. We controlled the game until Crouch went off(he wasn't playing great,but was at least offering an outlet to the midfielders whom the ball didn't bounce straight off) and we lack any other player who can act as the focal point of our attack.

We do need another striker (possibly two- one now and one in the summer). Someone who can do what Crouch does and someone who can score, it would be all the better if we got a striker who can do both .

Could we just sign 'Fred' from Lyon? Not that I know anything about him, other than his name would be a lot easier to pronounce than any one of those three.

Lets keep away from strikers in France. Once biten and all that ;).

We lose to a last minute goal and its knives out time and todays victim is Cisse, fair enough he was poor but worthy of the abuase he has got no way. Of course it will lead to more calls of lets get Owen back/we should have signed Owen etc. which quite frankly is a bit pathetic.

Even though the Mancs won they are far from happy and the ones i was watching the game with were happy with the win but knew we were the better team.

Edited by Paddy 66

We lose to a last minute goal and its knives out time and todays victim is Cisse, fair enough he was poor but worthy of the abuase he has got no way. Of course it will lead to more calls of lets get Owen back/we should have signed Owen etc. which quite frankly is a bit pathetic.

Even though the Mancs won they are far from happy and the ones i was watching the game with were happy with the win but knew we were the better team.

The history books will show a 1-0 defeat and that's it.

The knives were out for him at half time. Its not cos we lost its cos he was s***. Many people had the knives out long before today. I think today was the final straw for myself and many others.

The knives were out for him at half time. Its not cos we lost its cos he was s***. Many people had the knives out long before today. I think today was the final straw for myself and many others.

Definately, Emile was and is a much better player.

The only strikers that come to mind at present that would fit into our style are the below.

Berbatov

Kuyt

Bojinov

There are plenty about not all realistic due to financial constraints but any one of Chamakh,Mido,Toni,Iaquinta,Torres,Klasnic,Klose,Venegoor would all fit the bill.

Just watched it again on the Sky+ (I am a sadist :))

And sorry guys for sticking up for Ciise - mother of god that was f'ckin unbeilevable

He was running into crouch as crouch went up for headers, not moving for flick ons, touch was abysmal, did not close down up front or track back, missed a clear header from 8 yards, missed a sitter from 6 yards, did not once beat a man, ficks never came off once, did not make any runs into the channels, did not get on the last defender and try and use his pace for a through ball. He is one of the first players at this level I have heard the commentators mock.

Jesus wept, that was probably the wort striking performance in a LFC shirt since Paul Steward wobbled his way through a game as an emergency striker under Greamme Souness. Mother of god, never mind heskey being better than him, baros, pongolle and mellor are all better than him as well. £14 million, sends shivers down my spine. We still have a week to get a striker in on loan and move him out to France than f'ck.

Serioulsy lads, you all used to rip baros on here, we woul of NEVER won the champions league last season with him up front, especially on his own. He has never had an outstanding game in a Liverpool shirt, never been a man of the match. F'ck him off for that today, it was THAT bad

Serioulsy lads, you all used to rip baros on here, we woul of NEVER won the champions league last season with him up front, especially on his own. He has never had an outstanding game in a Liverpool shirt, never been a man of the match. F'ck him off for that today, it was THAT bad

Baros runs with his head down. Run down blind alleys. But at least he run. You know if knocked a ball down the sides Baros would be after it. At least he tried. Wasnt good enough but id have him ahead of Cisse, regardless of transfer fee.

It's been brewing for a while. I've learnt to sit on it after Garcia last season. Even when he scored against Everton, I was more surprised that he scored than actually celebrating properly.

Andy Johnson would be a good shout to play with Crouch, I'm not hung up on Defoe. But the simple fact we are lacking pace and skill combined upfront.

I like Crouch, but I'm not yet totally sold on him.

You can see what Crouch offers. You get what is promised. He can win headers, he brings people into play and can hold the ball up. He hasn't played many poor games for us. Long term, I'm not sure what Morientes and Cisse can give us that we don't already have. Time will tell though and till the end of the season those 3 are the ones we will see most upfront + occasionaly Garcia and Kewell.

Baros runs with his head down. Run down blind alleys. But at least he run. You know if knocked a ball down the sides Baros would be after it. At least he tried. Wasnt good enough but id have him ahead of Cisse, regardless of transfer fee.

We won the European Cup beating Leverkusen, Juventus and Chelsea with Baros on his own up front.

If that had been ciise we would of had no chance, he cant control a ball and does not work to close down the other teams defenders at all

Honestlty, if any of you have sky+ please watch it again, clear headed and analyze his performance. It was career ending bad, honestly I have never seen the likes of that at this level.

I was sitting before and cant remember EVER having a really good game for us, one great game where he was man of the match, or a 9/10.

Biggest waste of money in liverools history, I kid you not, £14 million. F'ck me, lets just hope they disnt show the game live in Marseille

You can see what Crouch offers. You get what is promised. He can win headers, he brings people into play and can hold the ball up. He hasn't played many poor games for us. Long term, I'm not sure what Morientes and Cisse can give us that we don't already have. Time will tell though and till the end of the season those 3 are the ones we will see most upfront + occasionaly Garcia and Kewell.

When we get a right winger I think we will see more of Garcia up front off crouch, even kewell maybe next season when Zenden is fit again.

I know what Crouch offers, I'm just not yet convinced by him. He needs somone with pace and skill alongside him, we don't have a player of that description on our books at the moment. I suppose the closest thing we have is Flo Po, but even he is erratic and inconsistant.

It's not knee-jerk, but these are the games that matter, these are the games that hurt us fans, if players can't cut it in these games then that's it.

I remember Brad, wasn't one of his last games for us at Old Trafford ? He totally bottled it and that was that.

Baros, Cisse, Moro - none of them were (are) going to be the answer. The next forward Rafa buys has to be the right one, otherwise it will be a case of more money down the drain, of which it seems we can ill afford to do

That scares me, really scares me.

Just watched clips on tv. Forgot the cross that Cisse attacked with the back of his head. Dont know what he was trying to do there.

If he had headed it properly it might of ruined his latest haircut.

He would rather look good and lose than win and get dirty.

Get rid.

Baros, Cisse, Moro - none of them were (are) going to be the answer. The next forward Rafa buys has to be the right one, otherwise it will be a case of more money down the drain, of which it seems we can ill afford to do

If you are talking about waste of money strikers dont forget Diouf in that. To be honest now would have been a good time to bring Neil "never going to be good enough" Mellor into the team.

Biggest waste of money in liverools history, I kid you not, £14 million. F'ck me, lets just hope they disnt show the game live in Marseille

The frightening thing is if he keeps up performances like today then his value will keep dropping and dropping and we'll struggle to offload him, at this rate I cant see any decent teams being in for him so we'll be lucky to get £5m off a small club who are willing to break their transfer record or something.

If you are talking about waste of money strikers dont forget Diouf in that. To be honest now would have been a good time to bring Neil "never going to be good enough" Mellor into the team.

Lifes great innit ?

On the weekend that a forward who cost us nothing goes on loan and has a blinder, and then there's Cisse :(

The frightening thing is if he keeps up performances like today then his value will keep dropping and dropping and we'll struggle to offload him, at this rate I cant see any decent teams being in for him so we'll be lucky to get £5m off a small club who are willing to break their transfer record or something.

Bolton ?

Edited by Kev

That scares me, really scares me.

If he had headed it properly it might of ruined his latest haircut.

He would rather look good and lose than win and get dirty.

Get rid.

i am the most patient fan you will find, always beleiving that players will come good. but i can usually always detect little things that make me think the players will come good, crouch is a perfect example.

i must confess, i have never seen cisse play well. and it mystifies me hearing my fellow kopites lauding him all the time. never has he had a good game for us, and the real worry is that i see nothing in him which makes me think that this guy has some potential about him.

if we had played withc crouch and another half decent striker today (like mellor looked for wigan) then we would have won today, i firmly beleive it.