By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ricky Hatton

Swan Red

thats my thread title...a bit of a throw away....he didnt actually say those EXACT words...

dont think you should take it sooooo seriously

it wasn't the wording. It's just the idea that a mass group mof people can be described as being something. Like when i hear people on the radio say the welsh are great or americans are stupid.

Don't you remember having this conversation with me when we met in London

it wasn't the wording. It's just the idea that a mass group mof people can be described as being something. Like when i hear people on the radio say the welsh are great or americans are stupid.

Don't you remember having this conversation with me when we met in London

i dont f***ing remember being in London :wacko:

What's wrong with expressing an affection for the people of a certain area due to personal experience? Sammy, I remember when you actually used to post properly, not just try and pick holes in everything other people say.

Ricky Hatton says Scousers are sound, then good for him.

Not every Scouser is sound of course, that much is pretty f*cking obvious (yes Michael Barton is a scouser - what a ridiculous thing to need to point out; every place on earth has psychos like him), but it is friendlier and more fun if you go for a night out up here for example, and that is the concensus of the majority of people who come up from other cities and probably the reason its said.

Stop being so bloody pedantic; even if its supposed to be ironic its still neither witty nor clever...

What's wrong with expressing an affection for the people of a certain area due to personal experience? Sammy, I remember when you actually used to post properly, not just try and pick holes in everything other people say.

Not every Scouser is sound of course, that much is pretty f*cking obvious (yes Michael Barton is a scouser - what a ridiculous thing to need to point out; every place on earth has psychos like him), but it is friendlier and more fun if you go for a night out up here for example, and that is the concensus of the majority of people who come up from other cities and probably the reason its said.

Stop being so bloody pedantic; even if its supposed to be ironic its still neither witty nor clever...

i think it borders on patronising and leads to potentially dangerous precedents if that's alright leo

i think it borders on patronising and leads to potentially dangerous precedents if that's alright leo

So if I went to London for the day, everyone was friendly and I came back and said 'Cockneys are sound' that would be setting dangerous precidents or bordering on patronising would it?

Come on mate, thats political correctness gone insane. I'm all in favour of not making sweeping statements, but someone speaking of their affection for people of a certain city due to their personal experience - there really isn't anything wrong with that whatsoever.

I mean it isn't even insulting - if someone said 'all Scousers are w*nkers' that would be a different matter, but there really is no need to complain about this mate.

Surely you have better things to do...

Edited by Leo No.8

I'll answer this one Leo and give you a break from speaking to that Leo bloke

saying all "scousers are w*****s" is the flip side of the same principle. I commented on something I saw with a thought I have the same way someone would do during a conversation. It wasn't a thesis. And as we're all on a football internet forum i doubt we've got that many things which are that worthwhile doing.

Political correctness my a***

I'll answer this one Leo and give you a break from speaking to that Leo bloke

saying all "scousers are w*****s" is the flip side of the same principle. I commented on something I saw with a thought I have the same way someone would do during a conversation. It wasn't a thesis. And as we're all on a football internet forum i doubt we've got that many things which are that worthwhile doing.

Political correctness my a***

Its just silly though - anyway sod this I can't be arsed :-)