By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Fanta Orange

Huyton_Red

Watched the corporation on More 4 last night, great channel by the way Downfall is on again tonight (they showed it last week)

Was astounded by the revelation, by micheal moores I think, that Fanta Orange was invented by Coca Cola for Nazi germany as they could not sell Coca Cola to them due to bad PR.

Also shocked by the revelations about IBM, the punch card computer the Nazi's used to adminster the final solution, apparently they had montly maintenance contracts that IBM fufilled

Ford and GM (Opel) also continued to trade there

I was really shocked, could not beleive it. It was a really good program, I remember ages ago someone on here recommending it to me

anyway, now I am a more left wing that John Barnes. I am converted, will be marching on my local Mcdonalds tonight

Watched the corporation on More 4 last night, great channel by the way Downfall is on again tonight (they showed it last week)

Was astounded by the revelation, by micheal moores I think, that Fanta Orange was invented by Coca Cola for Nazi germany as they could not sell Coca Cola to them due to bad PR.

Also shocked by the revelations about IBM, the punch card computer the Nazi's used to adminster the final solution, apparently they had montly maintenance contracts that IBM fufilled

Ford and GM (Opel) also continued to trade there

I was really shocked, could not beleive it. It was a really good program, I remember ages ago someone on here recommending it to me

anyway, now I am a more left wing that John Barnes. I am converted, will be marching on my local Mcdonalds tonight

1121109[/snapback]

Knew we'd get you eventually.

By far the most shocking fact revealed to me this week is that Kenny G. owns Starbucks*! :ohmy:

*source:Observer Music Monthly

1121231[/snapback]

Marlboro packets have got 3 Ks on them because 10% of their profits goes to the KKK and if you turn them upside down Marlboro spells out "orobljew" or 'horrible jew'.

Swipe, you could of course Google it yourself... (this from Observer Music Monthly...)

OMM: Then Bob Dylan, who, because of the Martin Scorsese documentaries, seemed everywhere come the autumn.

VB: I loved it, every minute. There's always something more to know about him, his history.

GG: I've learnt a lot about him.

TC: In the early days I positively hated him. I was always into singers. I couldn't stand his nasal voice. Having watched that documentary, I saw where he was coming from.

KB: I don't know anything about him.

VB: I found the Freewheelin' album when I was 18 in New York. The gates of heaven opened to me. I had found my holy grail: what he was speaking about, all those things had not been formed in my mind at all. I had had a very protected up bringing and I knew something was wrong. And he made me realise what it was. He put it into words for a whole generation.

GG: Have you read his memoirs - Chronicles? It's amazing. It reads like a Raymond Chandler novel.

OMM: He also caused a row by releasing an album of old live recordings through the Starbucks chain exclusively.

GG: That surprised me.

TC [conspiratorially]: Did you know Kenny G owns Starbucks?

GG: Kenny G the saxophonist!?

TC: Yep.

GG: That's mint!

[At the time of going to press, OMM could only confirm that Kenny G and Starbucks head Howard Schultz are old friends and that the former invested in the company.]

Google also suggest that Mr G is a "Goodwill ambassador" for Starbucks

1121626[/snapback]

Yeah just read that. Bit of an overstatement to say Kenny G owns the company! I wish he did. I really do.

Posts merged:

No mate. Straight up.

Apparently he grew up with the guy who was the brains behind the whole enterprise. Kenny funded the start-up. Starbucks never mention this, and for obvious bloody reasons!

1121632[/snapback]

:D

Thats made my day!

Just on the Fanta issue:

"So where does all this leave the question of who or what invented Fanta and why? The truth is simple, even if it doesn't run trippingly off the tongue: Fanta was the creation of a German-born Coca-Cola man who was acting without direction from Atlanta. This man wasn't a Nazi, nor did he invent the drink at the direction of the Third Reich. Rather, in an effort to preserve Coca-Cola company assets and protect its people by way of keeping local plants operating, he formulated a new soft drink when it became impossible to produce the company's flagship product. "

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/fanta.asp

Never, ever take anything Moore says at face value, even if he might have the right intentions.