Sign in to follow this  
ozziecazzie

George Bush.... is it true?...

I worked for an American firm and they appointed a guy as Head of European Business who did not have a passport.

He'd only been outside the US twice prior to becoming President.

1111205[/snapback]

Once to Mexico, once to Canada - drove both times (or so the story goes)

I worked for an American firm and they appointed a guy as Head of European Business who did not have a passport.

1111209[/snapback]

I worked for an English company that did not have a single German or Italian speaking member of staff that decided to launch a campaign to start selling in Germany, Italy and France.

I worked for an English company that did not have a single German or Italian speaking member of staff that decided to launch a campaign to start selling in Germany, Italy and France.

1111219[/snapback]

Did they watch that DTI ad campaign about "1992 and all that"?

Did they watch that DTI ad campaign about "1992 and all that"?

1111243[/snapback]

No idea. They're out of business now though after the MD bought himself a place in the Caymans with company money and fecked off.

Guest TanMan

1111219[/snapback]

That's ok though because they can all understand English provided you speak slowly and clearly :)

Edited by TanMan

That's ok though because they can all understand English provided you speak slowly and clearly :)

1111270[/snapback]

And loudly. Volume is important - it helps people understand you

No idea. They're out of business now though after the MD bought himself a place in the Caymans with company money and fecked off.

1111264[/snapback]

Well, you may not agree with that, but you've got to admire it ;)

....prior to him becoming President?

I recall hearing this, but have googled away, but could not confirm this.

Anyone know the answer?

1111180[/snapback]

does it really matter? would a holiday in france really increase his knowlage of geo politics.

does it really matter? would a holiday in france really increase his knowlage of geo politics.

1111291[/snapback]

He'd have personal reasons for hating the French instead of just the normal, instinctual dislike.

He'd have personal reasons for hating the French instead of just the normal, instinctual dislike.

1111296[/snapback]

they have no word for 'entrepreneur'.

yes, yes i can name the general.  the general.

1111322[/snapback]

:D

I really want to see that clip again, so if anyone has it, please do post.

IIRC I think he went to China when his dad was posted there as an ambassador in the mid-70's or something along those lines :unsure:

I think that was his only 'foreign' trip prior to taking up the presidency.

Guest Scot
IIRC I think he went to China when his dad was posted there as an ambassador in the mid-70's or something along those lines  :unsure:

I think that was his only 'foreign' trip prior to taking up the presidency.

1111517[/snapback]

I don't think so.

I don't think so.

Well I kinda do........well i'm more right than wrong anways. You can add 2 other meaningful trips of sorts to Gambia and the Middle East as well:

He visited China in 1975, when his father was U.S. liaison; Gambia, at President Bush's behest, in 1990; and the Middle East in 1998, when he had begun thinking about his own run for the presidency. (He also traveled to Europe several times in the 90's with the Young Presidents' Organization, a group for corporate executives.)

James Traub, "The Bush Years: W.'s World," New York Times Magazine, 14 January 2001

Guest Scot
Well I kinda do........well i'm more right than wrong anways. You can add 2 other meaningful trips of sorts to Gambia and the Middle East as well:

He visited China in 1975, when his father was U.S. liaison; Gambia, at President Bush's behest, in 1990; and the Middle East in 1998, when he had begun thinking about his own run for the presidency. (He also traveled to Europe several times in the 90's with the Young Presidents' Organization, a group for corporate executives.)

James Traub, "The Bush Years: W.'s World," New York Times Magazine, 14 January 2001

1111629[/snapback]

It's a lie