Sign in to follow this  
Kahnee

Update from Spike

Well I thought I was doing ok in dealing with it all until I saw such lovely memories and thoughts from you lot here and on Facebook. It means a lot to me personally, and the family, to see so many tributes from those who met or remember engaging with him.

I don't think I've cried this much since Hodgson was appointed.

In all seriousness, Steve introduced me to the YNWA community (begrudgingly, as he thought I'd embarrass him - which I think I did a job of in relationship type threads), and due to his broke student lifestyle and me being the older brother with a job who'd happily bankroll our shared passion, we were very lucky not just to meet some top people but to also share amazing times with each other.

To read such comments and sentiments from you all here and on Facebook has made me so proud to have Steve as a brother and to have been able to meet so many of you and share brilliant moments.

Now it's been confirmed that he's got the big season ticket in the sky (similar view to the new main stand cameras) we can finally move on and I'll have somewhere to go and talk to him.

THanks to you all for everything you've done over the years. You've carried us on your shoulders so many times. We never walked alone and there is no better group of people than the LFC community.

Well I thought I was doing ok in dealing with it all until I saw such lovely memories and thoughts from you lot here and on Facebook. It means a lot to me personally, and the family, to see so many tributes from those who met or remember engaging with him.

I don't think I've cried this much since Hodgson was appointed.

In all seriousness, Steve introduced me to the YNWA community (begrudgingly, as he thought I'd embarrass him - which I think I did a job of in relationship type threads), and due to his broke student lifestyle and me being the older brother with a job who'd happily bankroll our shared passion, we were very lucky not just to meet some top people but to also share amazing times with each other.

To read such comments and sentiments from you all here and on Facebook has made me so proud to have Steve as a brother and to have been able to meet so many of you and share brilliant moments.

Now it's been confirmed that he's got the big season ticket in the sky (similar view to the new main stand cameras) we can finally move on and I'll have somewhere to go and talk to him.

THanks to you all for everything you've done over the years. You've carried us on your shoulders so many times. We never walked alone and there is no better group of people than the LFC community.

Can't begin to imagine what you're all going through now, and with the impending thoughts/questions going forward.

There are many things I could say, or cliches I could trot out, but all I will say is take care of yourselves.

Gutted!

Chris,

He'll be missed. owes a lot of pints to people :D

the huge amount of comments to you is an indication of how well liked he was and also how well you and your family have conducted yourselves over the years.

you can still reach to us if you need to - you will still have rocky days ahead and we remain here for you.

Although people will turn to you please take time out to care for yourself as well.

Mike

RIP.

My thoughts are with the Cook family. Despite finally having some answers, I just can't imagine what a sad time this must be.

First of all condolences to all of you who knew this lad and most of all to Spike.

I'm embarrassed to say that I've been on the site since 2006 & I can't believe I never went into this thread before. 

Spent a while reading through it today, and it made me well up several times.

Again, so much sadness for the loss, but so much respect for the people of this forum.

I was greatly touched by the support I received re Paxton but this really does show the class of the folk here.

RIP Steven Cook.

YNWA.

I can't believe I never went into this thread before.