By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Red wristbands for the HJC?

oakie bob

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mottman

I'm not as involved as I once was?

I'll do anything to help, provide contact points etc. But I'll not let it take over my life again.

Hope you understand?

I'm not as involved as I once was?

I'll do anything to help, provide contact points etc. But I'll not let it take over my life again.

Hope you understand?

not a problem mate, i will get carl or tony to talk to gerry, was just trying to save the shop been over ran by this motley crew, its not a problem for some bands to be in the oakie and we can distribute them for the HJC and drop the money off..........heck trying to work out a weekend for another fund raising night and surprise gerry

update:

"Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I have spoken to Gerry and Robbie regarding the bands, so things are moving forward.

nidgemo has been asked if he could knock up a few designs so the guys at the HJC can pick their preferred design.

I am awaiting one final quote, so will know soon how much is required to get things rolling. Thanks to everyone for offers of help and funding, I have been updating Gerry of the feedback received so far."

ok spoke to lots of regulars in the oakie tonight who all will have one.................so if anyone wants to contact me over it and i will see if we can get money up front for this..........i am off tomorrow so might see if gerry is in the shop and see if we can get the oakie involved in this and sort the YNWA and all the other web sites out as place to pick them up so the shop isnt over run............if thats ok with HJC

Guest Mottman

This is the link to RAWK which seems to be driving the designs through.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index....,46915.200.html

I know exactly where you are coming from mate, howabout a yellow band with a sort of stencil of the HJC logo with NINETYSIX and if poss the HJC URL on it.

The reason why not to use the Red Eternal flame emblem is because "some" people do go around and sell their own on behalf of the HJC and don't pass anything to the HJC.

IF the design of the yellow HJC badge can somehow be incorporated into the design, that makes it more unique and a tad harder to replicate. Regardless of whatever problems that seem to be in the way at the moment, this will be sorted out and HJC bands will be available in the near future.

As Steve has said, the object of this exercise is not to make shed loads of cash for the HJC [boy do they need it] but to try and create more awareness to a tradegy that EVERYONE [outside of LFC circles] seems to want to forget.

Mod's I hope you don't mind me posting links on here. This isn't about RAWK, YNWA or any other site you wish to mention. It's about trying to raise awareness and YES fundraising to our 96 fellow reds who are no longer with us.

Ta

Robbie

Here are my design and post from RAWK for your perusal...

----

Right then, I have finalised some designs now to look through. I would appreciate any comments and favorites... but firstly, lets get my thoughts out of the way....

1. The band has got to be red. No other colour IMO. Also, we can only use 1 colour as mentioned before due to manufacturing costs.

2. As in the majority of cases, especially when trying to make an immediate and memorable impact, less is more. This is always a good rule in design, so my designs relect this.

3. I have stayed away from any direct references to HJC and the web address. The web address will purely take up too much space, as if anything is too small on the design, it will not work. Also, the beauty of this will be the awareness that is bourne out of curiosity. Having the web address on there will not drive people to the site who dont know of the campaign, but word of mouth and media exposure will. We also wouldnt want any conflict of interests with the club.

4. Avoided the use of LFC related messages, as this band will definately be in demand from other clubs supporters, and we should bear this in mind to maximise any purchases.

Okay, on to the designs. All the designs have a mocked up version, and below that what the template would be like. The mocked up versions are all to scale, as they should be 202x12mm.....

a) This design is the same as my first standard design, with just ninetysix on it.

ninetysix_band01.gif

b) This design is the same as the above, but I have included a customised version of the HJC flame at the end of the six. I have not decided to use two flames, as I have never been in favour of designers balancing things out to suit. The flame would need to be reduced to its simplest form for both manufacturing and clarity, so dont complain that it isn't exactly the same as the source logo...

ninetysix_band02.gif

c) This design is similar to the above, but the flame would be exactly on the other side of the band. Could be a nice touch.

ninetysix_band03.gif

d) And last but not least, I have gone for a different approach all together. I have tried to work into the design something to represent the 96 fans who lost their lives, as opposed to just writing ninetysix... I have used 96 dots, with a central eternal flame. I think this is a nice idea, as each mark on the band has significance, but I would think most people would prefer one of the others. I have at least given you the option.

ninetysix_band04.gif

So then, there we are. Hopefully these will be of use, if only to spur others on to come up with something better.

I can provide the necessary assets to whomever would need them in eps format, or whatever the manufacturer would need.

Oh, and as I live in Nottinghamshire, someone had better send me my order in the post when they are made! :D