By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Arsenal vs Liverpool - FA Cup, 7th January @ 4:30pm

ynwa.tv

So no Mo, Endo, Szoboszlai, Robbo, Tsimi, Doak & Bajcetic . Probably no Thiago

Think Ali will start and Kelleher gets Fulham, but other than that it'll be a very changed team - maybe something like

Ali

Bradley Quansah Konate Gomez/Beck/McConnell

Gravenberch MacAllister Jones

Elliott Gakpo Nunez

19 minutes ago, Gethin said:

So no Mo, Endo, Szoboszlai, Robbo, Tsimi, Doak & Bajcetic . Probably no Thiago

Think Ali will start and Kelleher gets Fulham, but other than that it'll be a very changed team - maybe something like

Ali

Bradley Quansah Konate Gomez/Beck/McConnell

Gravenberch MacAllister Jones

Elliott Gakpo Nunez

Hopefully Gordon is fit and can play. Bobby Clark too. Can Jay Spearing play? (lol) I don't want to see any fist team players near this if possible. Gomez is so important right now for LB, I certainly wouldn't want to risk him.  Really don't care if we lose this one. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Going with Paxton to this. Be in the Hope & Anchor on Upper Street pre match if anyone else is going & fancies a pint. Pax is buying. *

* he’s not really before anyone calls Social Services.

Good pub choice - saw many gigs there over the years

• Upvote 1

on the one hand i'd say f*** it off and play the kids

on the other hand Arsenal are in woeful form and are there for the beating, so why not?

on the third hand do we really need the other fixtures in our calendar that this competition may bring?

on the fourth hand if we chuck in the towel are we giving them some momentum back into their season?

on the fifth hand do we kill their season by knocking them out?

on the sixth hand does it do them a favour to leave them to concentrate on the league (they've not gonna win the CL) at our expense?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Just googled it and it looks nice. Has Beaverton too.

Enjoy guys. 

One of the big venues in the punk & ska movements - before my time obviously but always a good venue to watch bands in.

The Beaverton thing is weird to me - when I left London in '14 they'd not long progressed from brewing in a shed behind the cracking BBQ restaurant "Dukes Brew 'n 'Que" in Dalston. Now they're bloody everywhere

45 minutes ago, Cobs said:

on the other hand Arsenal are in woeful form and are there for the beating, so why not?

on the third hand do we really need the other fixtures in our calendar that this competition may bring?

on the fourth hand if we chuck in the towel are we giving them some momentum back into their season?

on the sixth hand does it do them a favour to leave them to concentrate on the league (they've not gonna win the CL) at our expense?

Cobs pictured earlier today...

PS1_54.2726_Fnt_DD_T12.jpg

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Gethin said:

One of the big venues in the punk & ska movements - before my time obviously but always a good venue to watch bands in.

The Beaverton thing is weird to me - when I left London in '14 they'd not long progressed from brewing in a shed behind the cracking BBQ restaurant "Dukes Brew 'n 'Que" in Dalston. Now they're bloody everywhere

Yeah was in London before Xmas and everywhere had it. I am partial to a Neck Oil and a Gamma Ray. 

Edited by Swipe

2 hours ago, Gethin said:

Good pub choice - saw many gigs there over the years

Cheers. Been going there for Arsenal for about 15 years now, used to be the Worlds End at Finsbury Park but that changed hands and went downhill like they do sometimes.

Bit of a schlep to the ground but it’s a really good pub & a nice Guinness.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Cheers. Been going there for Arsenal for about 15 years now, used to be the Worlds End at Finsbury Park but that changed hands and went downhill like they do sometimes.

Bit of a schlep to the ground but it’s a really good pub & a nice Guinness.

Yeah the Worlds End was always up and down. Only a 10 min walk to the ground from the H&A but it'll be far enough away from any hassle, not that Arsenal's bad for that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobs said:

yeah a*** aren't in great form right now so this could be at a good time. We have a game midweek after it - LCSF and then a decent break, so I think he'll go strong

10 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Yeah the Worlds End was always up and down. Only a 10 min walk to the ground from the H&A but it'll be far enough away from any hassle, not that Arsenal's bad for that

10 mins? You're a quicker walker than me then. Especially after a few. 😄 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Cockles said:

10 mins? You're a quicker walker than me then. Especially after a few. 😄 

Just looked and it's more like 20. My memory is obviously starting to go - I only lived round there for 18 years 🙂