By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Cody Gakpo

growler

He's good at football but I think he might be a fair weather player. Compare to how Nunez plays when short of confidence. He's shirking it out there 

If this is what we get from him under Klopp, I don't imagine he'll get better under a new manager either. 

Edited by Kid Klopp
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kid Klopp said:

He's good at football but I think he might be a fair weather player. Compare to how Nunez plays when short of confidence. He's shirking it out there 

If this is what we get from him under Klopp, I don't imagine he'll get better under a new manager either. 

It's this for me. Danns was the total opposite when he came on. Could be a confidence thing, but I'm not sure. I'd me made up if he proves me wrong though as he seems a great lad - a bit too 'nice' maybe.

Been very disappointing the last 3 games and you would think being subbed off for Danns will sting. With Jota out though he'll have a role to play the rest of the season and see what the summer brings.

Just now, D.Boon said:

Been very disappointing the last 3 games and you would think being subbed off for Danns will sting. With Jota out though he'll have a role to play the rest of the season and see what the summer brings.

And the team keeps winning. He's run his a*** off every game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kid Klopp said:

He’s absolutely knackered. Give him a break.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Kid Klopp said:

Maybe. But he seems to me to be a player who plays well when the team is. He's more a facilitator in a good team rather than an instigator like a Darwin or Suarez. 

Seem a little short of confidence right now which seems to be the same thing that happened Diaz when it was all on him. 

Either way we are top of the league and he’s part of that so it’s all good and I’m sure he’s got some big important goals in him this season. 

28 minutes ago, Widnesian said:

His decision making at times is questionable. If I’m honest I think he’s a bit out of his depth. Sell in the summer.

He’s got 11 goals, a few assists. Barely started, then four games in a row in 11 days. 

Name another teams 5th best striker with 11 goals this season. You’ll struggle.

Jota went the best part of 30 games without a single goal.

Context.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Widnesian said:

His decision making at times is questionable. If I’m honest I think he’s a bit out of his depth. Sell in the summer.

I'm trying to maintain my usual position that if he's your 5th best forward you're in very good health

He's in poor form in the last 3 and at a time we need him most so it feels like you're describing, but I'd be ok him staying 

He's not got any devil about him which I think top players need. He's too relaxed, too calm, too much of a steady Eddie. As a squad forward I think that's a good thing at times but yesterday wasn't one of those 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Case said:

He’s got 11 goals, a few assists. Barely started, then four games in a row in 11 days. 

Name another teams 5th best striker with 11 goals this season. You’ll struggle.

Jota went the best part of 30 games without a single goal.

Context.

I wouldn't write him off, not yet anyway. But he hasn't been very good in a situation where he should be stepping up, he was our main striker these past few games, his decision making has been terrible, almost as bad as his shooting.