By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Darwin Núñez

Frosty Jack

For the last two years, half the time Mane was negating our attacks down the left flank. There were loads on here calling for him to go by this last Christmas. Again, the last three months of this season he was great. Apparently he was after £400k a week to stay.

He's always worked hard and done his best so respect to him but I'm happy enough to see him move on if it's what Klopp wants.

Edited by Flight
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He was really poor last season,  might have been covid related but he was definitely below par, think he lost the pace to play on the wing 

Has been great through the middle. If he has played over the past 2 years like he has over the past three months then he might have been offered a contract closer to what he's looking for 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

Mane was absolutely crucial to our success. He will be a massive loss. The only forward in the team you could rely on to consistently deliver the past 3-4 months of the season

Not saying he wasn’t amazing. Just don’t think we’ll definitely be weaker given the other options we’ve got and also now we’ve got more diverse options in tighter games. 

Without Mane starting last season in all competitions we’re P17 W15 D2 L0. The 2 we drew were cup games against Arsenal and Benfica where we won over two legs. We’ll be alright 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Conrad said:

Mane was absolutely crucial to our success. He will be a massive loss. The only forward in the team you could rely on to consistently deliver the past 3-4 months of the season

I think if you look back through the Mane thread from 2020 up until the turn of this year, most on here felt he had lost a step and were ready to move on.

Moving him into a central role gave him a new lease of life, and his finishing was as good as it’s ever been for us but the eye test over a couple of years said he wasn’t the player he had been physically.

We've never had a centre forward like Nunez under Klopp with exceptional pace and size so I’m really interested to see where this goes.

Great managers continue to evolve their team and improve it around moving great players on at the right time. We’ll see if that happens here but I couldn’t be any more confident in Jurgen.

Edited by Leo No.8
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, McBain said:

We should have an award given to whichever defender he makes the biggest fool of. Not sure what we'd call it yet 

‘The Harry Maguire f*** it my Groin has gone Memorial Ashtray’

2 minutes ago, Case said:

‘The Harry Maguire f*** it my Groin has gone Memorial Ashtray’

2 minutes ago, Beardsley said:

The Harry Maguire award

You guys do realise that Mcbain meant the Darwin award right? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hassony said:

You guys do realise that Mcbain meant the Darwin award right? 

The Darwin Awards are given for people dying through misfortune/stupidity. I've no love for Harry Maguire but I don't actually wish the clumsy lumbering f*** dead. 

5 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

The Darwin Awards are given for people dying through misfortune/stupidity. I've no love for Harry Maguire but I don't actually wish the clumsy lumbering f*** dead. 

Considering he took on the Albanian mafia in Greece on his own last summer and won, nothing will get him killed for a long time 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

I doubt he could even do that properly 

8 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

I think if you look back through the Mane thread from 2020 up until the turn of this year, most on here felt he had lost a step and were ready to move on.

Moving him into a central role gave him a new lease of life, and his finishing was as good as it’s ever been for us but the eye test over a couple of years said he wasn’t the player he had been physically.

We've never had a centre forward like Nunez under Klopp with exceptional pace and size so I’m really interested to see where this goes.

Great managers continue to evolve their team and improve it around moving great players on at the right time. We’ll see if that happens here but I couldn’t be any more confident in Jurgen.

A lot of moves broke down at Mane - balls were bouncing off him or he would try the same thing again & again & again. Once defenders had the better of him it usually stayed that way.

Plus he had become very wasteful. Forwards in great teams who get a lot of chances can be quite profligate but Mane mused a lot of easy chances, like a LOT. A number of games he would miss 3 or 4 easy chances.

Edited by Cam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevie H said:

To be honest I wish him years of good health at the centre of United's defence...

• Upvote 1