By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool FC v Man Utd Sunday 17th Jan 16:30 Sky Sports

Stanley Leisure

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

I'm getting worse with it. I used to wear a top for games (a bit old for it but f*** it) until the Villa 7-2. 

I have a photo of my daughter on the wall that I kiss when I'm locking up at night. I started thinking about games and giving it two kisses so we'd win 2-0 etc. Then the other day I was watching a movie I'd recorded but seen loads of times before. I didn't finish it and then deleted it from my planner. Then I thought to myself 'if I don't finish that we're getting beat'. So I actually undeleted it and finished it. 

I think I'm slipping into some sort of mental illness.

Pretty sure this is how Arthur Fowler started.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

I've managed to convince myself that Pogba is going to get sent off, and am now going to be really annoyed if I don't put money on it and he does.

In 2009 as part of a conversation with some friends I predicted that we'd beat Aston Villa 5-0 at home so Martin O'Neil could carry on following in Clough's footsteps and that Fulham would beat United 2-0 the same weekend. Have never stopped being annoyed that I didn't stick some money on it.

22 minutes ago, Sion said:

Does it make sense to throw Matip in without sessions? 

When the alternative is Kidderminster's young player of the year or someone who should be captaining Bolton then yeah, I'd take that risk Jurgen mate. 

If he lasts more than 10 mins, I think we will have done well

I sit and watch games at the same end of the sofa - which is where my missus normally sits. For big games I watch the game on Sky or BT or whatever but pause it and then watch it at least a few minutes behind live. I think it stems back to being caught up at work and asking my missus to start recording the game and then I started watching it about 10 mins behind live when I got home and we won. 

My missus likes it because she can check the result whilst I'm still watching and prepare for being sympathetic if it's a bad one. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Tommok said:

I sit and watch games at the same end of the sofa - which is where my missus normally sits. For big games I watch the game on Sky or BT or whatever but pause it and then watch it at least a few minutes behind live. I think it stems back to being caught up at work and asking my missus to start recording the game and then I started watching it about 10 mins behind live when I got home and we won. 

My missus likes it because she can check the result whilst I'm still watching and prepare for being sympathetic if it's a bad one. 

She's a keeper then. Mine just goes with the usual "it's just a game". 

2 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I found out I am 0- because of covid. I have given blood 3 times since. I've been sent an update each time to tell me which hospital my blood as gone to. Each time I say a little prayer and hope whoever got my blood doesn't develop any of my traits especially my addictive personality. (yes I know that's not possible) 

Surely you say a pray it hasn't gone to a United fan or a bluenose? You should be able to stipulate that kind of thing when you're donating

20 minutes ago, Bailo said:

Mine's from a United supporting family - but has been gracious enough not to give a flying f*** about football for the last 2 decades we've been together. The only crap I get from her is yelling too loud for goals (and for accidentally breaking a chair when Div scored the derby goal)

4 hours ago, Swipe said:

I'm getting worse with it. I used to wear a top for games (a bit old for it but f*** it) until the Villa 7-2. 

I have a photo of my daughter on the wall that I kiss when I'm locking up at night. I started thinking about games and giving it two kisses so we'd win 2-0 etc. Then the other day I was watching a movie I'd recorded but seen loads of times before. I didn't finish it and then deleted it from my planner. Then I thought to myself 'if I don't finish that we're getting beat'. So I actually undeleted it and finished it. 

I think I'm slipping into some sort of mental illness.

just don't do whatever you did before the Southampton game

39 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I reckon Matip is going to play, having watched the press conference. 

I thought the henderson quote was basically saying williams was starting but I hope i'm wrong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailo said:

Mine’s a City fan. I’ve actually been to a few games with her in the past. We went to Watford when they were in league one, and bar going to see some Tranmere games (and watching Chris Makin fail to control a ball for 90 minutes) it was the worst game of football I’ve ever seen. 

My 7yr old boy supports us and I can’t quite express the joy it gives me when he celebrates a City loss in front of his mum. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bailo said:

Yeah she is. Altho maybe "sympathetic" might be overstating it a bit. 

Perhaps "prepare to put up with me being a mardy git for the rest of the day/evening if it's a bad one" would be more accurate :)

I see Danny Murphy thinks we'll win on Sunday, so it's a dead cert. Altho having scored the winner in three (?) matches for us at Old Trafford he probably thinks it's easy. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, DecidedByPoll said:

Ha ha. He was just a little too young to watch you shout ‘Die! Die!’ at Ramos during the CL final with Madrid, and I still don’t know if that was a good thing or not! 

He was taking it in I reckon