By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Football Association Challenge Cup 2020-21 - draw

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

5 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Only if you are being a bit of a div, to be fair

Everton home is just about the dream draw.

Imagine how they feel about it.

Absolutely. I thought that when someone commented about them getting Rotherham at home. They have deserved it.

It would be nice to get a lower league team at home though. Never seems to happen. Only ended up with Shrewsbury at home because of a replay. Plymouth and Exeter were both away weren't they? 

Anyway, makes it easier for Jurgen to get us out ASAP and focus on the big ones.

Edited by psl

1 hour ago, psl said:

Can't believe it's that time already. The leaves are falling, the decorations are going up and Hightown Phil and Jarg Armani are ready to start arguing with suggestions we should play the kids in the FA Cup. The years just fly by don't they? 

F*ck that. We’re not winning the treble this season.

2 hours ago, Gethin said:

There's no reason not to take this game seriously. We've got no midweek game before it, Burnley the midweek after then United at home on the weekend followed by our Winter break week

I don't think there is a winter break this season as it already started late...

Edited by Zoob

3 minutes ago, Zoob said:

I don't think there is a winter break this season as it already started late...

It’s there - but not what it was last year.

Some teams don’t play Tue/Weds 12/13 Jan the rest (us included) don’t play 19/20 Jan. So it gives us a midweek off not a full week 

16 minutes ago, Gethin said:

It’s there - but not what it was last year.

Some teams don’t play Tue/Weds 12/13 Jan the rest (us included) don’t play 19/20 Jan. So it gives us a midweek off not a full week 

Ah, thanks. 

Guess it depends what our injury list looks like at the time. Wouldn't surprise me if Klopp did play all kids just so we can get a bit more of a meaningful break. 

1 hour ago, Cobs said:

Every time we seem to have a break we come back crap

just pick the best team available and smash these pricks. They put 7 past us last time out, ffs.

Yeah, I'm with you. This team seems to be at it's best when we play twice a week. 

And yeah. Smash these pricks. 

39 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I'd love to win the FA Cup but unless we start getting City's draws it's not on the cards. Last season I was arguing we should be focussing on it (and the CL) as we were so far ahead in the league.

We sure needed to rest all those players at Chelsea for the crucial three points against Bournemouth.

On 30/11/2020 at 21:58, Jim D said:

Bin it off, in normal circumstances I would be playing a weakened side but with how the season is playing out with Covid and injuries, give the players the extra rest they need to avoid muscle fatigue. CL and PL take priority.

You think we should pull out of the competition? 

14 hours ago, kop205 said:

2001 was a great day out.

So was 2006 and I didn't even get in.

Cardiff was miles better than Wembley on every level.

I'm biased but Cardiff is pretty much perfect for watching sport. The MillStad is a great stadium & it's right in the centre of the city centre with loads of bars and restaurants and a 2 min walk from the train station.

Only issue is that there aren't enough hotel beds for games that don't involve Wales (where most people live close enough to go home afterwards) so you end up with chaos trying to get somewhere to stay