Liverpool vs FC Midtjylland - Tues 27 October, 20.00h - European Cup Gp D, Game 2

Is the Greek ok to play now? Can see maybe him slotting in.

3 from 4 of Milner, Gini, Curtis & Shaq? 

Jota & Mini?

Don't know whether I'd go strong to win & then sub or try to win & rest players. It's a mUsT wiN gaMe though. Suppose it's all on the scouting - are they really 0-4 at home to Atalanta bad or was that just their 'Villa'?

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, his technique in recieving passes was 'taken, cruyff turned'.

All bound for Midtylland

Agree totally with this except for the period between the team being announced and us taking the lead.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Hassony said:

At least one of Salah or Mane has to start 

Yup - it's only game 2

I reckon we'll see 3 changes from the strongest XI, either Tsimikas or Neco at FB, Curtis in MF and Jota up front.

3 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Jota & Mini?

Don't know whether I'd go strong to win & then sub or try to win & rest players. It's a mUsT wiN gaMe though. Suppose it's all on the scouting - are they really 0-4 at home to Atalanta bad or was that just their 'Villa'?

Atalanta are a lot better than them. Good thing about this is that getting men behind the ball and being well organised is an alien concept to them as you often see when some of these lesser sides come to Anfield and attempt to do it and it goes badly for them cos they’re used to winning every week. Like Salzburg last season and Red Star the year before. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Jota & Mini?

Their keeper was s***e against Atalanta. So I'm expecting the game of his life against us. 

19 minutes ago, Hassony said:

A draw between Atlanta and Ajax would be nice 

Surely we want Atalanta win. 

If Atalanta beat Ajax twice then they are basically done for unless we s*** the bed. 

4 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Rumoured team on the Twitters:

Alisson, TAA, Fab, Gomez, Robbo, Hendo, Milner, Shaq, Minamino, Origi, Jota.

Think I'd rather watch Bake Off than that midfield plus Origi

23 minutes ago, Sion said:

Surely we want Atalanta win. 

If Atalanta beat Ajax twice then they are basically done for unless we s*** the bed. 

Yeah. Would mean four against Atalanta and we draw with Ajax to go through, or beat Atalanta twice and we’ve won the group. 

16 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

I think he’s been a victim of the expectations. He’s been a perfectly fine footballer when he’s played. Which is fine if you’re Wijnaldum for example and you’ve come from a relegated side. He came in with the expectations he’d be the greatest footballer we’ve ever seen so being fine isn’t gonna do it for a lot of people. 

That's complete and utter nonsense

Wijnaldum has gone up levels on some of our biggest, toughest matches, in Europe and the league, making really decisve contributions to our success. He's reliable, he's always fit.

Keita has disappeared or looked nice on the fringes of matches, occasionally contributing something good. He also seems to get injured frequently. He's been a huge disappointment so far.

Just now, Conrad said:

That's complete and utter nonsense

Wijnaldum has gone up levels on some of our biggest, toughest matches, in Europe and the league, making really decisve contributions to our success. He's reliable, he's always fit.

Keita has disappeared or looked nice on the fringes of matches, occasionally contributing something good. He also seems to get injured frequently. He's been a huge disappointment so far.

I never said he hasn’t gone up levels or anything critical of him. If you think it’s nonsense you’ve misunderstood it.

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

I never said he hasn’t gone up levels or anything critical of him. If you think it’s nonsense you’ve misunderstood it.

Your point is levels of expectation have led to Keita being criticised more than he should. You chose Wijnaldum as an example of someone who came with less expectation and implied it was easier to praise him as a result.

And that point is utter bobbins. I judge from performances on the pitch, and on that metric, Wijnladum has been a big success and one of Klopp's best signings. Keita has been very far from 'fine' on the pitch, and so far possibly Klopp's least successful significant signing (aside from Karius).

Just now, Conrad said:

Your point is levels of expectation have led to Keita being criticised more than he should. You chose Wijnaldum as an example of someone who came with less expectation and implied it was easier to praise him as a result.

And that point is utter bobbins. I judge from performances on the pitch, and on that metric, Wijnladum has been a big success and one of Klopp's best signings. Keita has been very far from 'fine' on the pitch, and so far possibly Klopp's least successful significant signing (aside from Karius).

No, my point was that if Wijnaldum had been fine (he hasn’t, he’s been better) and Keita had been fine, fine is viewed differently because of the perception at the time of signing. 

you said

"I think he’s been a victim of the expectations. He’s been a perfectly fine footballer when he’s played"

Given he has not been perfectly fine when he's played, your point makes no sense. He has not been a victim of expectations. he's been a victim of frequent mediocre or poor performances.

Just now, Conrad said:

you said

"I think he’s been a victim of the expectations. He’s been a perfectly fine footballer when he’s played"

Given he has not been perfectly fine when he's played, your point makes no sense. He has not been a victim of expectations. he's been a victim of frequent mediocre or poor performances.

I think he’s been fine. We just disagree on how well we think he’s played.