Liverpool vs FC Midtjylland - Tues 27 October, 20.00h - European Cup Gp D, Game 2

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, his technique in recieving passes was 'taken, cruyff turned'.

All bound for Midtylland

Agree totally with this except for the period between the team being announced and us taking the lead.

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Back to Leipzig in the Upamecano deal.

I know he’s young and most of the rest of the midfield is the wrong side of 26 but there has to be a point when we just accept he isn’t going to get better. 

What a disappointing signing. 

That point was passed a while ago I reckon

5 minutes ago, Sion said:

I could deal with him being a bit crap. But I thought we were signing some hard lad who kept getting sent off for Leipzig? He's an absolute soft a***. 

His injury record for Leipzig was good. Bundesliga is nowhere near as intense as England, his body can't hack it, it seems.

25 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

That point was passed a while ago I reckon

For loads of us yeah. Just mean for Klopp. He doesn’t seem the type to give up easily on a player of his. 

6 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Shaqiri absolutely batters anyone else at this I think. One full game since that night against Barcelona. He manages to get injured while he's recovering from injury on his sofa I reckon.

forgot about him

2 hours ago, PaulMcC186 said:

What's wrong with Keita? It was never confirmed he had Coronavirus.

he's a confirmed case of smiceritis - good feet, nice touches, can look great in training, shows occasional signs of promise, is championed by many who 'can see a player in there'*, but lacks the consistency, drive, and physicality needed to deliver on a constant basis. Will be remembered fondly by all if he scores on the winning side of a champions league winning team, but at present is showing little signs of recovery... 

*loved Vlad, still want to champion Naby... but it ain't working. The stinger in the Thiago transfer was that Naby was the second best midfielder in Germany when we signed him. Two games into his career and Thiago already looks streets ahead of whatever Naby might be, and looks even better than the player we thought we'd signed when we got Keita. 

I'd rest Alisson, ease him back in.  Same with Henderson.  Rest Mane & Fabinho.

Adrian

TAA Gomez Williams/Phillips Robertson

Jones Wijnaldum Milner

Salah Firmino Jota

2 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

Shaqiri absolutely batters anyone else at this I think. One full game since that night against Barcelona. He manages to get injured while he's recovering from injury on his sofa I reckon.

he doesn't matter though

Does anyone even genuinely give a s***e if Keita is fit anymore? I’m bored of the whole thing now and I don’t even bother checking if he’s amongst the subs these days. I’m tired of constantly waiting for the player we thought would tear up the league but can’t string a handful of games together. For what he cost and what we expected, he’s been just shy of a complete failure. All this talk of him being an extra man on the pitch and he’s turned out to be less than the sum of even his own parts. 

Up until the summer I’d have thought anyone considering getting rid was talking nonsense but sending him back to Leipzig for someone we really need sounds like a deal worth doing these days. 

1 minute ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Does anyone even genuinely give a s***e if Keita is fit anymore? I’m bored of the whole thing now and I don’t even bother checking if he’s amongst the subs these days. I’m tired of constantly waiting for the player we thought would tear up the league but can’t string a handful of games together. For what he cost and what we expected, he’s been just shy of a complete failure. All this talk of him being an extra man on the pitch and he’s turned out to be less than the sum of even his own parts. 

Up until the summer I’d have thought anyone considering getting rid was talking nonsense but sending him back to Leipzig for someone we really need sounds like a deal worth doing these days. 

I stopped waiting for that a long time ago.

There's clearly a player there - he was in great form when his season got finished by a s*** challenge vs Barca but it takes him like 10 months to get form back and we don't have that luxury

2 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

It probably sounds like something worth doing, but if those reasons for wanting rid are valid reasons then Leipzig almost certainly aren’t going to have any interest. He’d be a real antithesis of their general plan.

5 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Is there? not seen much evidence of that based on what he has shown here

He's one of the only players where I can't see how the stats show he's playing well. Maybe it's cos stats can't measure things that players stop happening by stuff like positioning. And that's probably why stats don't show how good Wijnaldum is at times.

Edited by PaulMcC186
3 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Is there? not seen much evidence of that based on what he has shown here

He has absolutely shown that he has talent.

I'm not going to write him off yet. He's hasn't really given me enough to go to war to defend him with like, but he's figured in four of our six league games and then missed the two since international duty after a load of is he/isn't he Covid positive (I reckon he defo is).

He needs to do more, more often, and ultimately maybe playing in a three is a bit too much of an ask for him.

People get way too angry with lads who don't choose to be unavailable.  See also Sturridge, Kewell, even Lovren for this (though the latter not being available was often a blessing and there will defo be posts from me calling him a s***house).

• Like 2
1 minute ago, kop205 said:

He has absolutely shown that he has talent.

2 and a bit years, and it's no more than a handful of games that he has played well in, that's my main issue with him 

I think he’s been a victim of the expectations. He’s been a perfectly fine footballer when he’s played. Which is fine if you’re Wijnaldum for example and you’ve come from a relegated side. He came in with the expectations he’d be the greatest footballer we’ve ever seen so being fine isn’t gonna do it for a lot of people. 

53 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

He's one of the only players where I can't see how the stats show he's playing well. Maybe it's cos stats can't measure things that players stop happening by stuff like positioning. And that's probably why stats don't show how good Wijnaldum is at times.

case in point

• Like 1