Ajax (A) - Weds 21 Oct, 20.00h, European Cup Group D - Game 1

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hendo makes such a difference to us.

I think we all needed that win quite badly.

They aren't Phil. Nobody is sitting thinking about first choice v second choice and all that.

They're just scarred from how terrible the Mignolet years were, and are horrified that we're stuck with an even worse keeper atm.

8 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

I don't like the 5 subs rule.

In terms of entertainment and the flow of the match it's crap, but in terms of protecting players it makes full sense 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, RBM said:

He didn’t play well at all. He got away with plenty and made one decent save he didn’t know much about by standing still. 

he tackled Gomez, he dropped the ball, he kicked the ball right into one of their forwards, he went down like he’d been shot nowhere near the ball, he flapped.

he was his usual self but we got away with it.

Harsh - it was a good save that needed to be made - if you watch, he has to adjust his feet to make the save

Gomez was equally, if not more at fault, but one of them needed to own it & neither did

He made one good save & a couple of others

But yeah - still s***s me up

Gomez was not more at fault. Adrian just needed to stay on his line. He just came charging out for no reason.

17 minutes ago, Hassony said:

In terms of entertainment and the flow of the match it's crap, but in terms of protecting players it makes full sense 

Yeah we're going to be f***ing worried about injuries for the whole season now, so anything that lets us give people more rest is fine by me.

9 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

It looked like Gomez was shepherding the ball back to him, but the angle was wrong and it didn't look like it'd carry - now maybe that's because Adrain was haring out, I dunno, never saw the right angle

I agree, the ball didn't seem to have the pace for that and Adrian rightly came out... then Ruddocked it. 

44 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

It looked like Gomez was shepherding the ball back to him, but the angle was wrong and it didn't look like it'd carry - now maybe that's because Adrain was haring out, I dunno, never saw the right angle

I like Adrain 

Don't think there was enough on the ball Gomez was shepherding back - Adrian couldn't  be sure he could pick it up and stay in the area before the Ajax lad might get a toe on it ; the decision to boot it clear was right, I think, if the execution was poor.

What's all this swirly hand thing he does now after f***ing up?

And what was that when Fab cleared the ball off the line? He looked like me when my re-flex kicks in and makes me go for the ball when sat watching a game.

He does look a prospect. I just wish he jump for headers! He lost out a couple of times last night by barely getting off the ground. I guess being that tall he’s used to towering over people without jumping.

I know having that type of confidence is usually helpful for top sportsmen but with Adrian is irritates the hell out of me. He balls up and is immediately over it, and starts to do his rallying the troops thing. Reckon he would be a right pain to live with. 

Obviously just an armchair watching on the telly, but felt the lack of fans in the CL. The restart games were brilliant and it’s obviously great just having football but European nights should be noisy. 

Great start, probably our toughest game away to Ajax, (obviously Atalanta is an unknown), but 3 points already and it is really is in our hands to secure early qualification for the knockout rounds when we will have a stronger squad through returnees and/or January buys. It’s looking good for getting our trophy back from Bayern.