By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ajax (A) - Weds 21 Oct, 20.00h, European Cup Group D - Game 1

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

So, we are down to 1 fit CB and an auxiliary midfield CB, but we have 4 fit full backs, 5 if you see Milner as an option if needed.

I don't think we can be too far away from possibly trying 3 at the back with either 1 or 2 full backs in the back line;

Gomez Fabinho Robertson - Jota/Tsimikas wide left, TAA wide right with more attacking freedom is no bad thing.

We've a hectic schedule - I'm not sure we'll see alot of Matip, Gomez, Fabinho start the same game again this side of Christmas (you'd imagine there could be 1 or 2 but not too many).

Just now, Rory Fitzgerald said:

So, we are down to 1 fit CB and an auxiliary midfield CB, but we have 4 fit full backs, 5 if you see Milner as an option if needed.

I don't think we can be too far away from possibly trying 3 at the back with either 1 or 2 full backs in the back line;

Gomez Fabinho Robertson - Jota/Tsimikas wide left, TAA wide right with more attacking freedom is no bad thing.

We've a hectic schedule - I'm not sure we'll see alot of Matip, Gomez, Fabinho start the same game again this side of Christmas (you'd imagine there could be 1 or 2 but not too many).

I'd have a look at Robertson at centreback in a back four - although not necessarily at Ajax.  I reckon he could do a job there if needed.  Obviously we lose something going forward (and having already lost VvD long passes this is an issue) but if Tsimikas is up to the job of leftback cover we could be okay.

1 minute ago, Cam said:

I'd have a look at Robertson at centreback in a back four - although not necessarily at Ajax.  I reckon he could do a job there if needed.  Obviously we lose something going forward (and having already lost VvD long passes this is an issue) but if Tsimikas is up to the job of leftback cover we could be okay.

A 5 foot 8 left back at centre back in a four is the only thing I've seen madder than playing Harry Wilson at left back. 

Just now, Hightown Phil said:

A 5 foot 8 left back at centre back in a four is the only thing I've seen madder than playing Harry Wilson at left back. 

His Wiki says 5' 10" and footballers wouldn't lie about their height!

51 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

hahahaha - you defo want 3 at the back

Not want :lol:  But wondering what it could look like - a huge part of our game is around those full backs being so good so decisions to put the reigns on one of them would not be taken lightly. But if you are playing 3, then maybe Jota is more viable as a "wing" back and you get Salah/Mane operating as a 2 like the way Sturridge & Suarez did, one worked off the right, one worked off the left - they weren't a classic pair that operated close together.

51 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Especially mad as said full back just got absolutely destroyed in the air at the weekend. 

1 hour ago, Cam said:

There's no chance that Klopp would play the world's best left back out of position ahead of actual centre backs like Rhys Williams or Billy Koumetio. He'd more likely play Gini there than Robertson.