Accountants / Finance processes question

I appreciate there is a very small pool of interest for this here but it takes just one to help so I'm going to ask. 

I'm an accountant and while business is closed and I'm working from home I want to advance our business's finance process, automating the processing of invoices and uploading of documentation etc. 

I've been researching online as I know there is a lot of OCR software out there but as soon as you request an online demo, all it does is create a sales call. 

Do any of you have experience with or work in a company which uses such a thin and could specifically recommend a product to check out. 

The end goal is to be a paperless as possible. 

Anyway, I don't expect this to remain on page 1 for long but any pointers would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

Less a recommendation than a narrowing of your field... I work in the SAP world and whilst there is a number of SAP-y options available, I would expect that they will all be rather more expensive and not really at the right scale for what you want. But it might help to describe the number of documents you want to process and how many people would be using the software, and whether it would be a standalone application or if you would want it to integrate with 'other stuff' (e.g.do you want it to read an incoming invoice and automatically identify the supplier and post to your A/P ledger in your accounting package?).

• Like 1

Honestly thought this would just die a death with no input or have the thread title changed to "the most boring thread ever" so thanks. 

We're probably processing a couple of hundred invoices a month all requiring POs and the likes. 

Using Sage 50 at the minute but planning to upgrade to Sage 200 once we're back up and running. 

Ideally I'm looking for digital POs, OCR invoice recognition on digitally received invoices, automatic posting to ledgers and right through to sending invoices digitally for authorisation and approval. The amount of time spent getting hand written signatures in our place is ridiculous in this day and age. 

I've found a Sage certified package called Paperless Europe and have arranged an online demo so it's a good starting point. That one above looks good too Mr Lines. I'll defo check that out. 

we have just moved from Sage 50 to xero cloud accounting, also using docuware to scan invoices in and pass them through to xero.  Out EPOS system also happily talks to it as well.  The FD loves it, which is great as he leaves me alone and i can just get on with normal IT crap 

• Like 1

I reckon that if you are on Sage and Sage have something that fits, say, 80% of your requirement, I'd go with that. You should have a reasonable expectation that they will integrate natively and that you will have more leverage to request changes where it doesn't.