Everton - 17 oct - 12.30pm

Wonder when the statues of Richarlison and Pickford will be going up.

They've got quite the record of maiming our players in this fixture over the years. Begin, Whelan, McMahon, Fowler all of  the top of my head.

They are a f***ing disgrace. The number of red cards they get against us - and I can barely think of a single one that was anything other than fully deserved - needs looking at. Premeditated assault.

Edited by kop205
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bored of hearing about people speculate about this season and how it's going to be 'mad' and we're going to have another freak winner like Leicester and could it even be Everton. Let's just smash

Get in. Come on Sadio lad, get into these twice relegated c****.

Now the dust has settled I av to admit the blue side of the city are lookin the real deal now and a shift in power could come sooner than we thought. They scored 2 good goals today...they’ve got a b

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, kop205 said:

They've got quite the record of maiming our players in this fixture over the years. Begin, Whelan, McMahon, Fowler all of  the top of my head.

They are a f***ing disgrace. The number of red cards they get against us - and I can barely think of a single one that was anything other than fully deserved - needs looking at. Premeditated assault.

Origi and them kissing the badge as he walked off. Barkley's assault 

It is a disgrace,  these aren't mistimed tackles, they're full on intended to injure 

12 minutes ago, philmatthews said:

With the Mane offside, isn't the rule that VAR only overturns clear and obvious mistakes? How are they pulling that up as a clear and obvious mistake? If Mane was offside, it was by millimetres, which you can't measure by drawing lines on a computer screen by eye.

Until they have the technology to detect the fraction of a second the ball leaves the foot for the pass then they can't determine when a player is offside by a millimetre

13 minutes ago, philmatthews said:

With the Mane offside, isn't the rule that VAR only overturns clear and obvious mistakes? How are they pulling that up as a clear and obvious mistake? If Mane was offside, it was by millimetres, which you can't measure by drawing lines on a computer screen by eye.

'Clear and obvious' doesn't apply to offside I don't think because in theory the technology gives a definitive answer.

Obviously in practice it doesn't. Or it does, but they ignore it.

14 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Origi and them kissing the badge as he walked off. Barkley's assault 

Christ yeah, had forgotten about the Origi one.

The Barkley 'tackle' on Henderson was possibly the worst of the lot.

14 minutes ago, kop205 said:

'Clear and obvious' doesn't apply to offside I don't think because in theory the technology gives a definitive answer.

Obviously in practice it doesn't. Or it does, but they ignore it.

The current technology clearly can't though because it's drawn by eye using a picture taken from a video feed where the frame that they're using to draw it is also selected by eye.

8 minutes ago, philmatthews said:

The current technology clearly can't though because it's drawn by eye using a picture taken from a video feed where the frame that they're using to draw it is also selected by eye.

And the frame they select clearly shows the ball away from the passer's boot.

Screenshot_20201018-125922.png

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, philmatthews said:

It's combination of the technology - you need a camera capable of more than 60fps to accurately find the spot that the ball is kicked - and the referees who aren't being accurate enough in finding the right frame to analyse or putting the comparison lines in the correct places.

If you can develop software to produce those "watch this goal from every conceivable angle" videos they've been doing you can develop software to make offside calls infallible and remove any bias/incompetence from the VAR officials.

Ultimately though, that offside should have been irrelevant if they'd reviewed Pickford on VVD and sent him off after 6 minutes like they should have.

1 hour ago, kop205 said:

They live in this bubble were their smallest achievements are massive and should be lauded by everyone but when they come up against us on derby day or walk down the streets where there’s a mural or an acknowledgement of us and it shows how f***ing Toytown a club they are.

We need to get ahead of their s***house behaviour next time. Even do a rotate a yellow sub.

I've always found the "frames-per-second" thing to be a bit of a nonsense because every decision is being analyzed by the same technology.

Where I think there can be room for improvement is for technology to make the determination initially and then let the VAR ref see if see if there are any anomolies with the outcome of technology. 

Rather than a person controlling the moment for the freeze-frame (ball kicked) and then trying to pick the points of the offside, let the AI make that determination. The simplest thing for the technology might be for it to just take the position of the feet rather than drop down lines from shoulders.

Overall though, VAR offside has eradicated human error so that anything shown with more than - what - maybe 5 to 6 inches now seems like daylight. But I'm amazed how many goals come about from these marginal calls of maybe 1 to 2 inches. When VAR came in, I never even contemplated these types of decisions never mind the volume of them.

13 minutes ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

I've always found the "frames-per-second" thing to be a bit of a nonsense because every decision is being analyzed by the same technology.

It's a nonsense because feet and (foot!)balls are moving too much within each frame to get a determination that's as conclusive as they're making it out to be.

Edited by Gethin
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Ripley said:

Question re Pickford assault: What action did the AR take, if any, and when? Anybody know? It is universal practice now to run "outside-rights" so he would have been close to the incident and with an unobstructed view. Did he flag for offside? If not, did he flag the foul? If not, there are 3 officials who who thought it a fair challenge. (There still seems to be confusion over whether Coote was asked to or chose to check the offence)

Match reports are still saying that the offside flag spared Everton going to 10 men and a penalty against for 2 down after six minutes. No. Nobody who counts seemed to think it was a foul.

Imagine Alisson on Maguire 

Just now, jimbolala said:

any part of your body is onside, then youre onside

That just moves where they make the mistake in drawing their line though doesn't it? As long as we've got f***wits in charge of it they will still get it wrong.

I'm inclined to agree that we should get to hear the dicussion, though in rugby and cricket that happens in part because the original decision remains relevant with 'Umpire's call' and 'Any reason to not award a try?' factors.

1 minute ago, kop205 said:

That just moves where they make the mistake in drawing their line though doesn't it? As long as we've got f***wits in charge of it they will still get it wrong.

I'm inclined to agree that we should get to hear the dicussion, though in rugby and cricket that happens in part because the original decision remains relevant with 'Umpire's call' and 'Any reason to not award a try?' factors.

The ref could still say "I believe that was....can you confirm" and if it's marginal or impossible to tell it goes with the refs initial view

At present the ref on the pitch is removing himself from the responsibility of running the match, that needs to stop. You're either reffing the match or not! They need to make the decision, look at the screen etc ffs it's a 30 metre dander to look at it, stop being a lazy f***er 

2 hours ago, kop205 said:

Barkley tried to do Henderson twice in recent seasons.

also, Suarez had an injury time goal chalked off for offside in injury time a few seasons ago when clearly onside. But Clive Thomas in ‘77, eh?